“Fueling snafu”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were supposed to take off from SanFrancisco at 10:00 to Newark then 2 hr layover and connect to Portland.
Our palne was delayed for over 2 hours because of a problem scheduling fueling switched from paper to elctronoc scheduling.
We sat in the plane for over 2 hours.
We could have gotten off but would have to take our luggage with us.
If we got off, could possibly got flights switched.
We did not get off. When we arrived in Newark wehad already missed our connecting flight to Portland. They suggested we hurry to a different terminal to catch the next flight to Portland. After racing through the airport , we missed the last flight to Portland. They then sugeested wo go gack to the terminal we came form to catch a plane to Boston. We raced back and just barely made it. We arrived in Boston at 11:15 p.m.
We just barely caught the last bus to Portland at 11:25.
We arrived in Portland. at 01:30 instead of the original 9 p.m. arrival time.
It seemed that United Airlines couldn't have care less and did little to make up for their mistake.
I will avoid United Airlines in the future.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,750)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Check in was a breeze in LAX, and the customer service was friendly and efficient. The flight from LAX to Chicago was on time, and the flight attendants were welcoming and the service was quick. Plane change in Chicago was easy as the gates were close together. The flight from Chicago to Edinburgh was in time, but bumpy. The service was slow due to turbulence, but they did the best service possible in between the fasten seat belt times. The flight home from Edinburgh was rerouted due to storms, so I missed my connecting flight. They did everything possible to help me make my connection, however there was just not enough time to go through customs, and then get to my gate. The had me booked on another flight before I was even through customs, with just enough time to make it to my gate. Great customer service for a tired traveler, and much appreciated. The food on all flights was typical airplane food, not the best, but edible. I would fly United again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to love United airlines. This trip however was different. It was 8 hrs. from Barcelona to NY and then 5 hrs. from NY to Seattle. The overseas flight was long and there were no movies. You had to use your own device and download the United app.
However the app did not work on our 2 devices so NO Movies! The flight from NY to Seattle had the equipment for movies but it did not work. The meals were not very good either.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the 1st leg, we were elbow to elbow, knees to seat back. flight was late to Denver for connecting flights for everyone on board.
we got to the counter at the gate for the next flight, and computers were down (connecting flight was delayed taking off due to all the late passengers from 1st flights) gate agent was awesome transferring us to exit row seating so that we weren't so cramped. flight crew was fantastic, seats were also wider & has power outlets for each seat.
only issue, items on menu (snacks) not available, and flight attendant said that she had never seen some particular items stocked, so she didn't know why they were listed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A few weeks ago I flew United Airlines for a trip to Las Vegas. I usuallly go out of Midway with another airlines but this year I decided to try United. It was a good experience. I went out of O'Hare which is a bit crazy and crowded but it is close to my home and I enjoy the close proximity. The entire trip went well from planning the transportation to the hotel. I also used a cab service which was worth it. I used to use the shuttle but it is agonizingly slow and for a few extra bucks it is worth the comfort of a cab. United Airlines was a oood airline. The skycap handled my bag right away and I didn't have to lug it into the airport and wait in line.. The staff on the plane were friendly, helpful, and professional. The plane was clean, but of course, the seats are ridiculously small.
All in all, I will use United again. I have but one complaint and that is the ridiculous bag charge but otherwise, it was a good flight both ways.