“Changes lead to issues”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our flight was delayed because United switched to a smaller aircraft, meaning everyone had to update their boarding passes and anyone schedule in the last 6 rows was kicked off flight and needed to be reassigned. A lot of frustrated customers. Seat was far smaller than even budget airlines like Frontier or Spirit, service was mediocre, and the overall experience was pretty poor. I would think after the recent scandals that United would try to work a bit on customer service.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,561)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very uneventful flight; just the way I like it. The meal was more than adequate for an airline meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend and I most recently traveled from Los Angeles to Hong Kong (via San Fransico) roundtrip. We have had friends who have traveled United international many times and liked it, so we tried it based on the pricing we got.
There was a good selection of TV shows and movies which was nice and helped with the awake hours. The seats were very close together and the recline was almost absent. I would be surprised if it went back more than 1 to 1 1/2 inches. While most economy flights are somewhat uncomfortable, these flights were very difficult because of the lack of recline.
Food was okay. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to really complain about either.
On our way home the attendants seemed to be having a bad day. One never cracked a smile the whole way and litertally threw our first meal onto our meal trays. I'm not sure what got to her, I know we all have bad days, but at work she should have displayed a better example.
Thankfully the take off, flight, and landings were all good! I may fly a different airline next time though.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Dreamliner is a great aircraft and I enjoy having a smooth nonstop flight to and from the UK. The service from the flight attendants is normally not that great and often they spend more time bumping their carts into your elbows and talking to each other than attending to the customers. A wonderful exception to that was the service provided by Liz on my most recent trip. She gave much better than usual service to all the passengers, and she was kind enough to stash the last can of my favorite beer in a bar cart so that I could enjoy a frosty one during the last hour of the flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not my preference of airlines to fly to New York with but thought I would give it a try. For a start the plane was very small not what i expected for an 8 hour flight. Food was standard plane food. I drink tea so to only be offered the standard tea with no option of a herbal tea (peppermint, green etc) I was a bit annoyed.
However on the way back to the UK I got to use their lounge/waiting area at Newark which had comfortable seats and a place to charge your phone. It had changed a lot since I was last at that airport.