“Not too bad but not too great”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight had to do 3 switchovers and was only suppose to be 1.Then each time we made it to a stop we missed our flights and then the final one they told us no flights til next day and no accommodations for a room and no refund either.Qas not too pleased.

Write a ReviewReviews (33,683)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was just 1h10min but it was really good.
The quality of service on board was high the crew very kind.
We had a problem with the reservation but everything has been easily solved at the ck in counter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lucky enough to be able to do a slight upgrade from Economy to Economy Plus from Singapore to San Francisco. After spending 3 weeks in Indonesia, I was ready to go home to USA. , I have been on this flght many times, too much to my liking. This is a long 15 hour flight. I have been programmed to the small meal portions but I must say there is a sllght improvement. You just have to bring some snacks with you.But I have one suggestion to UA, please improve the midflight snack. They served turkey sandwich once, I thought I was eating pig ear in my sandwich.. That sandwich was terrible. Please do not serve that again. I had turkey and chicken sandwich on previous flights and they were ok, but please, I think Iam still having nihgtmares about that turkey sandwich. But the flight was wonderful, The 787 has got to be one of the best planes in the world. it was smooth, experienced minimal turbulence, they must have improved their weather tracking system. The cabin temperature was also very comfortable, just needed a small blanket.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I traveled on UA from Washington to Beijing and back in August on a business trip. The aircraft on both flights (UA807 and UA808) were Dreamliners, which is a modern aircraft but is much less spacious and comfortable than the Airbus 330, Boeing 777, and by a long shot, the Airbus 380.

What surprised and disappointed me most about the two UA flights was the complete lack of choice of food. Passengers were handed a menu that gave the impression that I could select a main course item from it. But I was told later that I could only have my preordered meal, and that no other main course meal was available. Worse still, my preordered meal (Asian Vegetarian) was more or less edible on the outbound flight but was barely so on the return flight. The cabin crew told me that UA loads only one main course per business class passenger in their aircraft! I had made the preorder because of my bad experience on an earlier United first-class flight from IAD to SEA, which had only a beef meal; I don't eat beef.

Adding to the lack of choice on food, UA did not provide any newspapers or magazines on board, and I was told UA had discontinued this for some time.

UA’s amenity kit was amateurish, to put it mildly. An oval-shaped tin was provided that looked like a cookie tin. It had a tiny child-sized toothbrush and a miniature pen - both practically unusable. It is a mystery why UA cannot provide a decent amenity kit when Delta has Tumi amenity kits on its business class flights to Latin America.

The Dreamliner has only one toilet at the front, which is frequently used by the pilots on the long-range flights. The cabin crew tended to block access to the toilet ahead of whenever the pilots wished to use it. On the flight to Beijing, the Cabin Supervisor first told me the toilet was locked for technical reasons, but later on she admitted that it was done because the pilots said they were going to use it.

I must say I also wasn’t much impressed by UA’s much-vaunted Polaris lounge at Dulles Airport, which is now only marginally upgraded from the previous very spartan lounge. Neither was the Saks mattress onboard a great improvement although it has also been heavily advertised as one of UA’s efforts to win back premium class passengers and thereby improve its bottom line.

My bottom line - given the roundtrip fare of $7,000, the two UA flights were definitely not good value for money.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, it was a good trip. All the flights were on time and as expected. The gate agents were helpful and friendly.