“United Flight DELAYED then CANCELLED!!!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the Monday after the original flight was cancelled, I understood from other passengers who waited for hours the previous Sunday in the Denver airport that the flight from Denver to Steamboat Springs was delayed. I arrived in Denver about half an hour before the flight was officially cancelled. After walking all the way to the gate to find no explanation about the delay and no one to assist me, then walked half way back to the United Customer Service area. While waiting in the very long Customer Service Line for about ten minutes, I received a text about the flight being cancelled. It was already evening and needed to find out what would happen to my luggage, so then took the train to Baggage. The United Rep. who worked in baggage had no explanation as to why the flight was cancelled yet assured me that my luggage would be on the morning flight out to Steamboat. I couldn't understand how the people who work for United had no explanation either. The rep. did apologize and kindly handed me a United water bottle with small toiletries in it. I suppose I was supposed to spend the night in the airport. So, I was now without a place to spend the night, had no extra clothes or sleepwear. Plus I'm now going to be out of pocket for a hotel, dinner and breakfast.

Write a ReviewReviews (33,792)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good short flight. We had s restricted economy flight. No overhead bin carry on bags allowed, no seat selection. Only a personal item that fit under the seat. Checked in bag was charged $25/bag. Seats were assigned at check in. Our seats were not together. We did not mind since it was a direct flight for about 3 hours. Ticket price was reasonable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great flights, lovely flight attendants, delicious food on the flight, good prices for the tickets.
Whole service let down by extraordinarily rude staff in Newark, both at bag drop, and directing the lines at Security. No-one was doing anything to deserve that treatment and all it does is increase the stress for passengers of procedures that are already very stressful and makes the experience miserable when it doesn't need to be. Why do that?
The bag drop lady ( who didn't speak to me but just pointed at me when she wanted my passport and boarding pass) actually said an ironic and automatic "have a good flight" as she finished dealing with us, despite having been so unpleasant. At the lines, we didn't know which queue to join, and the member of staff directing people shouted at me twice ( I was well within hearing range ), rather than give me any explanation of where we were to go. It was a really horrible experience - they treated all of us like cattle, and it could have been done so much better.
My recommendation is that all staff wear prominent name badges so that they take personal responsibility for the way they treat customers - which may make them think twice before being so needlessly, and unhelpfully unpleasant.
I did try to send this to United Airlines customer services rather than post it publicly here, but having spent a long time filling in the online form, when I clicked "continue", the form erased, and nothing appears to have been sent.
Also, in terms of the category options below - not every trip is for leisure or business or both.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight itself was fine. On time! The gate personnel in Newark were fine.
Arriving in New Orleans the requested wheel chair wasn't there. Got to the gate counter and asked for assistance. The agent at the counter said he was too busy to assist me because he was readying the next flight. There was no one else at the counter and the passengers hadn't all debarked from the incoming flight. It didn't appear that he was very busy!

United was a non stop at the times I needed. Yes, I'd fly United again but with low expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The general problem with united flights are the chairs, they are very inconvenient that the chairs are only leaning for one inch due to the congested rows. the chairs are too close that it is even difficult to watch movies or shoes on the small screen. This may be OK for flights less than 6 hours but for long flights like to EU which is more than 10 hours it is really uncomforable.
Rather than that the flight was on time, the crew were nice and everything else was OK.