“Experience spoiled by astonishingly rude airport staff”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Great flights, lovely flight attendants, delicious food on the flight, good prices for the tickets.
Whole service let down by extraordinarily rude staff in Newark, both at bag drop, and directing the lines at Security. No-one was doing anything to deserve that treatment and all it does is increase the stress for passengers of procedures that are already very stressful and makes the experience miserable when it doesn't need to be. Why do that?
The bag drop lady ( who didn't speak to me but just pointed at me when she wanted my passport and boarding pass) actually said an ironic and automatic "have a good flight" as she finished dealing with us, despite having been so unpleasant. At the lines, we didn't know which queue to join, and the member of staff directing people shouted at me twice ( I was well within hearing range ), rather than give me any explanation of where we were to go. It was a really horrible experience - they treated all of us like cattle, and it could have been done so much better.
My recommendation is that all staff wear prominent name badges so that they take personal responsibility for the way they treat customers - which may make them think twice before being so needlessly, and unhelpfully unpleasant.
I did try to send this to United Airlines customer services rather than post it publicly here, but having spent a long time filling in the online form, when I clicked "continue", the form erased, and nothing appears to have been sent.
Also, in terms of the category options below - not every trip is for leisure or business or both.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (35,266)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The flight itself was fine. On time! The gate personnel in Newark were fine.
Arriving in New Orleans the requested wheel chair wasn't there. Got to the gate counter and asked for assistance. The agent at the counter said he was too busy to assist me because he was readying the next flight. There was no one else at the counter and the passengers hadn't all debarked from the incoming flight. It didn't appear that he was very busy!

United was a non stop at the times I needed. Yes, I'd fly United again but with low expectations.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The general problem with united flights are the chairs, they are very inconvenient that the chairs are only leaning for one inch due to the congested rows. the chairs are too close that it is even difficult to watch movies or shoes on the small screen. This may be OK for flights less than 6 hours but for long flights like to EU which is more than 10 hours it is really uncomforable.
Rather than that the flight was on time, the crew were nice and everything else was OK.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This flight was a red-eye. I came prepared to sleep even though I usually can't. I would suggest that United not serve dinner at 11 pm as it is not dinner time at the departure point or the destination. Maybe a bedtime snack would be more appropriate and breakfast in the morning. I did not eat, but put in my ear plugs, put on an eye mask and put my head down on the tray table. On regular economy there is not enough room to do this and I am short... I was able to get a few hours. The extra room in economy plus helped immensely. The staff were cordial and the flight was uneventful.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The delay was weather-related but when a flight misses a connection with Norwegian Airlines, they automatically re-book the next available connection. With United I had to get on the phone and wait till someone helped me.

Date of travel: August 2018