“EFFICIENT BUT VERY NARROW SEATS”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We used United as we had a package with Gate I Travel and they did the airline package. The flights themselves were on time. The seats are very narrow so next time I fly I think I would pick the upgraded seats. Nice personnel. We originally flew out of Charlotte, NC to Rapid City, SD and then flew from Salt Lake City to Houston, TX and then in to Charlotte. I would like to give a shout out to the lost and found. When we arrived in Charlotte, we realized that one of the males in our party had lost his wallet somewhere between Salt Lake City and Charlotte. We contacted United with the information and they kept us updated with weekly reports that they were still searching for the info. Imagine my surprise when five weeks later we were notified that it was found!!!!! We made arrangements for the shipping fee and it arrived. Less the cash but all the credit cards and various other cards were still in it. Good job.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,895)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling to be with my sister who unexpectedly passing away in the next couple of days. The problem first started in making my reservation. I called United regarding a question about my flight which I was trying to book. I received bad information which resulted in not getting the flight I wanted. I went from having 1 stop-over to 2 stop-overs. Because of the situation, I had to go to Portland. I arrived at FLL and went through the first leg of my flight which stopped at Chicago. We were delayed for a long time at the gate. I made it to the next flight going to Denver just to find out that they brought the wrong plane to the gate. This is what was announced at the gate. By the time they changed out planes and we left for Denver; we were behind schedule. When I arrived; my plane to Portland had already left and there were no more flights until the next day. I had very little time left to spend with my sister. I didn't even know if I would make it there in time before she passed away. I went to customer service and was told there was nothing United could do. I would have to fly out the next day and maybe not see my sister before she passed away. There were also no hotels left in the area as it was Denver and city was over 20 miles away. I was given a couple of airline blankets, some food vouchers only good through the next morning. On a June night in the middle of the summer, I spent the night on the floor of the Denver airport while my sister lay dying in Portland. Ultimately, I made it to Portland before she passed but I had missed crucial time that I could have spent with my sister but instead slept on the floor of the Denver airport (in June not January!). I was very upset with the mistakes made and that I missed time that I would never get back with my sister.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew from LAX to EWR on September 6, 2018. It was an overnight flight. Check in was smooth, flight took off on time and landed earlier than scheduled. The flight seemed shorter than usual which was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In general, we had good flight and everything went smoothly. It was early morning flight and we arrive Airport 3hr before. But, we had to wait in the line almost one hour until the staffs were shown up. Maybe UA should let passenger know their staffs' business hours. The service on the flight was good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

United usually delivers a quality experience at a fair price. Occasionally they exceed expectations and less often they disappoint. If you're seeking the glamor of air travel United is not for you. If you want a great route network, excellent international partners and getting from A to B in one piece then United is not a bad choice.