“Very average business class”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seating configuration ok and you didn’t have to climb over someone to get out.
Staff appeared to be bored and completely disinterested in smiling at all. Also very pushy to get your meal option quickly- I was still sorting out bags etc and they must have asked me 3 times. At least have the politeness to wait until you are seated. Food was ok. Seat was comfortable.

1  Thank 747travelfan
Write a ReviewReviews (33,802)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently flew an international flight on United Airlines. It has been awhile but I was shocked the airline did not provide in seat entertainment in the for of a video monitor in the seat back. The airline asks you to download their app and then use your own personal electronic device to run the programming. I was only told this when I sat down in my seat and scrambled to download the app which crashed once while there was still free wifi at the gate. Once they push off and the signal drops you have to pay for wifi through United. I expect on overseas flights to at least get a video monitor with some free movies to watch on the long flight. This lack of amenities just feels like I am being nickel and dined to death. Even though I am a frequent flier on United I am going to look elsewhere for an airline more willing to put the customer first over profit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and my family will never fly this flight again. I am very confused as to why they would have this type of plane for such a long direct flight. The flight was full and it only had 1 bathroom in the back of the plane. I felt terrible for the passengers in the last 3 rows as there was a bathroom line and people were standing in the isles 3 - 4 rows deep just to use the bathroom most of the trip. The bathroom had multiple issues, including the fact that it smelled really really bad and you were not able to use the sink water, you were given wipes to use that sat in the sink. When my sister flew up the next day in coach on the same plane to join us, the back of the plane didn't have air. When she asked: "Do we not have Air?", the response was: "You want to get there don't you."
I sat in first class the plane only had 6 first class seats and it was ok, but I felt terrible for the rest of the people flying. When I walked to the back of the plane to use the restroom the coach seats were very close together. The software for watching movies on board was not user friendly and very difficult to download. I waited to try to download once I boarded and still was having issues and was unable to use. I watched a movie but not thru the United recommended software as it only works with phones or ipads, not computers.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We checked in for our flight, checking our bags, and asked for our seat assignments, asking for seats together, as we're husband and wife. The United agent stated: "I can't help you, you bought the "cheap" tickets. He was horrible jerk, disrespectful to us, and we will be filing a complaint against United for this treatment. And coincidentally, the plane was only half full, and the agent at the gate ultimately got us seats together.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were delayed for about 50 minutes waiting for luggage to be loaded. Every 10 minutes they said we would be leaving in another 10 minutes, but that wasn't to be the case. I would rather have the truth the first time. Flight was ok, but you have to pay for movies and tv. The flight attendant kept saying we were heading into San Francisco, but we of course landed in Los Angeles. Not sure what she was thinking, but after she did it 3 times, I figured she was tired or distracted. overall I would rate this flight as a 6 out of 10.