“Quick but bare bones”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The direct service from Houston to Munich is a great idea. The meals and seat comfort however, leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, this is probably the worst meal I have ever been served traveling to or from Europe. Too much penny pinching. I would prefer to send a little more money and have comfortable seats and a decent meal.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,738)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I am not a regular on United any longer (decades ago, I flew them regularly) and ended up getting a Board Group 4 assignment. I was bad and walked up to board before the group was announced, and was sternly informed of that fact by the gate agent. So that was how I started my new United Airlines experience. Happily, It did not harken to a bad flight, actually, I was quite surprised and pleased with the flight.

The departure time was scheduled for 7 am, we pulled away from the gate at 0653. Boarding began on time at 0610, It was good that I arrived on time and was great we arrived ahead of schedule.

In past, I have flown United in Cattle Class, and remember little to no legroom, and large packed planes, that was not the way it was this time.

This flight was on a smaller 737, I was seated in the back of the plane (38D) with an aisle seat (2nd row before the restrooms and galley) and no one was seated in the center seat, so overall it was roomy enough, especially with the center seat unoccupied.

While I did connect to the internet, as I did not purchase the service, but somehow, I kept getting emails and texts on my iPad. And was even able to send a few emails. I think between my software being out of date, and an older system on the plane, it connected, which was fine as I was trying to get some writing done without distraction.

While we got beverage service and the offer of some cookies, I missed it if they offered food for sale on this flight (I did take a nap due to getting up at an early hour.)

Overall, I was pleased with the flight, the timeliness of it, and space. The plane was in good condition and everything worked out well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

United sometimes has a not so good reputation for service. Not just hearsay but through personal experiences in our travels. But this time, their service going to the islands made us feel good and very satisfied. Everything about the travel with the airline seemed to fall in place as expected and with very positive results. Great Job United!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

United is the worst! At least 150 people were victims of late flights which were not weather-related and they had 2 customer service agents who were snails in their previous life. Idle agents stood at gates unwilling to help. When I tried to use the kiosk as requested, I kept getting a message to see an agent. I called them and was on hold for over an hour only to be told that I had to call a different number. On hold for 1-1/2 hours and got disconnected. Long story short, we ended up flying to Columbia, SC and renting a car to Savannah. It took us 51 hours to get home. No help from United for our extra costs!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So for my 40th birthday my s.o and I decided to go to Miami. The flight with United 1 day before my birthday was a better price so we booked for it, so we would actually be there for my birthday.
We started out ok, checking in etc. was smooth. But when we got on the plane we taxiid out to the take off point and sat there for 45 mins. & for 40 mins. No one told us what was going on, then the pilot came on to announce that a part of the plane that they were told by the technician was working, was not. So we had to sit for another half hour or so to see if it would warm up and start working?? It didn't so we then had to go back to the place where they do repairs and get the part fixed!! All while sitting on the plane, Apparently as soon as you start the takeoff it's considered a U.S flight therefore no one is allowed off the plane, mind you we are sitting in Calgary Canada! We are now like an hour & a 1/2 late taking off, pilot comes on and says ohh it looks like now the part has started working we will be taking off in about 20 mins after the paperwork is finalized.
Im panicking because I don't want to get up in the sky in an airplane with a part that is working on and off! But we take off about 25 mins.later and they tell us we will try to make up time in the sky.
So they did make up some time, but it turns out we miss our connector in Houston by and hour & 10 mins.
United tells us the next flight we can get on to Miami is at 8pm, so we would have a 7 & 1/2 hour layover at this airport. Getting us to our hotel around 9:30pm a total waste of a day that we paid for. We researched other Airlines and found out American had a flight 4 & 1/2 hours sooner than United. So we went to United to transfer us, luckily they had 2 seats left! Wasnt impressed with United at all, they did not keep us informed, werent very reassuring. Were not very helpful with finding an acceptable connecting flight. Airplanes that work before boarding would be great