“United Service To Hawaii Is Exceptional”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 20 September 2018

United sometimes has a not so good reputation for service. Not just hearsay but through personal experiences in our travels. But this time, their service going to the islands made us feel good and very satisfied. Everything about the travel with the airline seemed to fall in place as expected and with very positive results. Great Job United!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,557)

Reviewed 20 September 2018

United is the worst! At least 150 people were victims of late flights which were not weather-related and they had 2 customer service agents who were snails in their previous life. Idle agents stood at gates unwilling to help. When I tried to use the kiosk as requested, I kept getting a message to see an agent. I called them and was on hold for over an hour only to be told that I had to call a different number. On hold for 1-1/2 hours and got disconnected. Long story short, we ended up flying to Columbia, SC and renting a car to Savannah. It took us 51 hours to get home. No help from United for our extra costs!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

So for my 40th birthday my s.o and I decided to go to Miami. The flight with United 1 day before my birthday was a better price so we booked for it, so we would actually be there for my birthday.
We started out ok, checking in etc. was smooth. But when we got on the plane we taxiid out to the take off point and sat there for 45 mins. & for 40 mins. No one told us what was going on, then the pilot came on to announce that a part of the plane that they were told by the technician was working, was not. So we had to sit for another half hour or so to see if it would warm up and start working?? It didn't so we then had to go back to the place where they do repairs and get the part fixed!! All while sitting on the plane, Apparently as soon as you start the takeoff it's considered a U.S flight therefore no one is allowed off the plane, mind you we are sitting in Calgary Canada! We are now like an hour & a 1/2 late taking off, pilot comes on and says ohh it looks like now the part has started working we will be taking off in about 20 mins after the paperwork is finalized.
Im panicking because I don't want to get up in the sky in an airplane with a part that is working on and off! But we take off about 25 mins.later and they tell us we will try to make up time in the sky.
So they did make up some time, but it turns out we miss our connector in Houston by and hour & 10 mins.
United tells us the next flight we can get on to Miami is at 8pm, so we would have a 7 & 1/2 hour layover at this airport. Getting us to our hotel around 9:30pm a total waste of a day that we paid for. We researched other Airlines and found out American had a flight 4 & 1/2 hours sooner than United. So we went to United to transfer us, luckily they had 2 seats left! Wasnt impressed with United at all, they did not keep us informed, werent very reassuring. Were not very helpful with finding an acceptable connecting flight. Airplanes that work before boarding would be great

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Just glad to have arrived; nothing special; and leg room was terrible! No on board entertainment; check in was ok but not exceptional. The worst is the legroom; if you are 180cm like me then you need a seat at the front. They really squeeze in that extra passenger!

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I have flown United off and on for decades, so I know the type of service this airline is capable off.
Sadly, on my return trip from Italy, all but two Flight attendants had a not so pleasant attitude. The most amazing exchange was over a bottle of water I was offered. First I said I still had some, but then changed my mind. However the flight attendant told me I couldn't have it now as they may run out...
.... .... ....