“Slept like a baby”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our flight left at 11:10 pm and we were served dinner and also breakfast as the flight was 12 hours. It was a booked flight and I took a natural sleep remedy called MidNite and slept like a baby. When I woke up there were only 2 1/2 hrs. left. Free movies, free tv. Felt cramped but that's how they do it now. Also, at Newark when we changed planes our luggage didn't make it but was put on next flight to West Palm. However, airline brought it from West Palm, Fl to Melbourne, Fl.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (28,717)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

In celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary, we booked all our reservations to Hawaii 10 months ahead including our United flight. We had confirmed (via email) reservations for the non-stop flight, first class, window and adjacent seats Chicago-Honolulu. At some point United had to change to a different plane and we were informed. We did not recheck our seats as we assumed they would be comparable to our reservation. Not. The day before the flight we learned that our two seats were not together nor even in the same row. Communicating with public relations via phone, email and at the airport gained us nothing but a grunt about the plane getting changed and all the seats were taken.

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Both outbound (363) and inbound (362) flights are multi-hour flights. Yet United treats them as simple domestic flights, so no meals provided with your ticket. This is a time to upgrade to Economy Plus for the leg room. (My ratings are for a bulkhead seat, snagged through Silver Premier status.) Entertainment is free on a tablet, so that kept me occupied. I stocked up on food in my carry on. These are older planes that have gotten a little worn.

1  Thank Ed11225
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We flew on United and found out after purchasing the ticket (on Priceline) that you don't get to pick your seat if you buy an economy class ticket, which is the only class you can purchase unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount for your ticket. United has in writing on its website that they don't try to seat you next to family/travel companion if you have an economy ticket, and you can't reserve your seat until you're at the gate! We were on a brand new looking Boeing 737-800 for 5 hours and that thing squeezes you in with now leg or shoulder room (I'm only 5'5"!), and even the restroom is tight for me! I noticed that farther up in the plane the seats have distinctly more leg room and are wider. United is charging the same for what they now call "economy" - what a crock! Never again will I fly "the friendly skies"!

1  Thank wizardHilo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience first and last time. Limited flights only 2. No compensation for making a 4 hour flight into 13 hours of. Not for storms but for mechanical and piss poor scheduling at the top. This does not reflect anything about attendants but about the corporate mis management. Lack of concern for their employees, attendants, pilots & CUSTOMER. The very people who make them thier millions!

1  Thank maryaA5057DR