“Visit to the states ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have a very mixed view of this air line...the entertainment on the plane was excellent with a vast amount of options... food was ok for plane food and the only thing that let this airline down was the staff... although some were lovely the majority of them were rude, not very approachable and made the journey very unpleasant.

• Legroom
Write a ReviewReviews (32,853)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

United flew an older model for this flight which meant that the passengers did not have the option of using their newer, on-demand, in-flight entertainment system. The monitors on this plane were old and it was difficult to actually see the images on the screen thanks to burn-out. I had also downloaded the United app to my new iPad and I could not pull up any of the streaming options that the app is supposed to provide access to. My friend also had trouble with the app. So as a result, I couldn't watch the in-flight movies and was bored.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We sat in the 2nd section in the middle of the 3-3-3 with me in the center and my wife on an aisle. This arrangement suites us as we can access the aisle way by not bothering a stranger. We were served a timely and nutritious meal with wine followed by refills, then quiet and dark for the balance of the night. Most watched a movie then went to sleep.
The lights came on well before landing to serve a light breakfast with good coffee.
We appreciated the middle space in front of the toilets, we used for exercise, as we all desire more legroom.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flew from Guadalajara to Houston and then down to Santiago on an overnight flight. The food was the worst I have ever gotten on any airline. We were flying in Economy Plus on an international flight but you had to pay for wine or a beer.

The return flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Houston and then down to Guadalajara was the worst. No food, of course, only food for purchase. We did get a small bag of pretzels and a cup of soft drink or water. The kicker was that you had to pay for the in-flight entertainment, music, movies and EVEN to see the Flight Map, I couldn't believe it. How cheap can you get? You couldn't turn the screen off and you were constantly bombarded with commercials for teeth whitening, face lifts, restaurants, etc.and urged to "swipe" your card to view any programming. I will fly Delta from now on.

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I are Premier Gold members. We were upgraded to first class to Cancun and one of us upgraded back to Newark. My wife requires mobility assistance and from the time we arrived at Newark we had outstanding assistance, except on the return to Newark when assistance was lacking. Due to bad weather our return flight was cancelled for 2 days. United kept us informed and arrange a new flight when the weather cleared. Service was outstanding.