“Old plane and old entertainment system”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

United flew an older model for this flight which meant that the passengers did not have the option of using their newer, on-demand, in-flight entertainment system. The monitors on this plane were old and it was difficult to actually see the images on the screen thanks to burn-out. I had also downloaded the United app to my new iPad and I could not pull up any of the streaming options that the app is supposed to provide access to. My friend also had trouble with the app. So as a result, I couldn't watch the in-flight movies and was bored.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (28,789)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We sat in the 2nd section in the middle of the 3-3-3 with me in the center and my wife on an aisle. This arrangement suites us as we can access the aisle way by not bothering a stranger. We were served a timely and nutritious meal with wine followed by refills, then quiet and dark for the balance of the night. Most watched a movie then went to sleep.
The lights came on well before landing to serve a light breakfast with good coffee.
We appreciated the middle space in front of the toilets, we used for exercise, as we all desire more legroom.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flew from Guadalajara to Houston and then down to Santiago on an overnight flight. The food was the worst I have ever gotten on any airline. We were flying in Economy Plus on an international flight but you had to pay for wine or a beer.

The return flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Houston and then down to Guadalajara was the worst. No food, of course, only food for purchase. We did get a small bag of pretzels and a cup of soft drink or water. The kicker was that you had to pay for the in-flight entertainment, music, movies and EVEN to see the Flight Map, I couldn't believe it. How cheap can you get? You couldn't turn the screen off and you were constantly bombarded with commercials for teeth whitening, face lifts, restaurants, etc.and urged to "swipe" your card to view any programming. I will fly Delta from now on.

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I are Premier Gold members. We were upgraded to first class to Cancun and one of us upgraded back to Newark. My wife requires mobility assistance and from the time we arrived at Newark we had outstanding assistance, except on the return to Newark when assistance was lacking. Due to bad weather our return flight was cancelled for 2 days. United kept us informed and arrange a new flight when the weather cleared. Service was outstanding.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The three of us had a good flight on our United flight to Puerto Vallarta and also the return back to Chicago. Both flights went smoothly with no delays and no problems. Service on board for what is now available on most airlines these days was basic but pleasant . I was in seat 10D both ways which is a nice aisle seat and my friends were back in regular economy in 21. I am quite tall so I pay the up charge for economy plus for the additional legroom.