“Are there negative star ratings? United BLOWS!!!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 5 April 2018

United SUCKS in the biggest way possible. With the overall airline industry taking a total nosedive crap for the worse, United is definitely at the bottom of the heaping pile of stench.

For what a flight costs these days there should at least be a somewhat decent plane for Petes sake!!!!

Why the -bleep- do you have to UPGRADE for an Exit row? WTF!!!! I'm 6'8" and your planes friggin' SUCK to high hell!!! There is zero room. Your first class is what economy used to once be like. Can't believe your even charging extra.

LOST BAGS always put a damper on going out of the country. I've given this airline one last chance but they just totally and utterly suck. United has a reputation for losing luggage; I'm done. I'll walk across the country if I have to.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (28,584)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Delayed by 3 hours each time with even delays in getting delayed notice! No real reason for delays. Never had this issue flying in past 3 years with Delta. Only flying United beacause only direct flight available, but in hindsight would have arrived earlier with 1 stop and far less frustrating.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Easy overnight flight. Our flight included a large class of middle schoolers, and the the seasoned staff handled it without issue. Arrived early. No muss, no fuss.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had to get to Madison, WI for business so I really had no choice but to fly United (stop with the puns and winks already - after getting off the plane, I felt absolutely no desire to fly "united" with anyone or anything for awhile). The company paid for the trip so I guess I can thank them in large part for my pain and suffering. I will also take some lumps because I could have paid for a business class upgrade but I'm such a cheapskate so I shouldn't whine too much.
Having said that, I'll whine anyway.
Embarking and debarking were average on both ends of the trip. Because I'm an oriental, my carry-on chili got some close scrutiny at Dane County Regional Airport in Madison. They even swabbed the outside of the chili container to check for explosives (yeah, it'll get explosive alright - a couple hours after I eat it!). BTW, it tested negative so in your face, TSA.
Inflight service - not bad except the flight attendant on the ORD-MSN leg sounded like she had just taken a hit of heroin mixed in with some antipsychotics and perhaps some xanax - the inflight safety briefing was delivered in a slow, barely audible, jaded, monotonic, flat voice - kind of reminded me of Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off except this speaker was a young female. Otherwise, cabin service was what you would expect on most american commercial carriers. I did get chewed out by a flight attendant when I went to the galley to stretch my legs and dump my empty water bottle about 2/3 through the flight after the food and beverage carts had gone through and the crew were taking a break. Soooorrrrry.
Eats - eat elsewhere or bring your own food. Bought the "healthy" snack box and it was anything but healthy - loaded with salty/sugary snacks, light on the fresh stuff. Gave most of it to my overweight seatmate. Even the hummus was so salty that I only ate about a third of it before dumping it. Chicago does have some great eats in their terminal. I would recommend Frontera.
Seat - tight and uncomfortable.
In-flight entertainment - we were told to download the United app before boarding so we could get free movies and in-flight entertainment. Nope. Loaded the app and could not get into any of the in-flight entertainment - even the previews. No music and no movies made for a boring trip. Tried to read some of my meeting materials but there was not enough room to open up a regular binder without encroaching on my seatmate's territory. So I read the paper I brought along as well as the in-flight magazine, and ended up playing solitaire and other games on my tablet.
Bleaaahhh.

1  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The last trip we had on United (in 2016) was NOT pleasant, however, this trip (both legs) was much better. On the way out, our flight crew was very nice and friendly (they were originally Continental workers and we've found that crews that were originally from Continental are always friendlier than those that started with United). One flight attendant even brought us glasses of champagne because I had told her we were going to Paris to celebrate my birthday! So both legs were fine. My only complaint is that United used to have a flight CDG-EWR mid-day which they have now canceled. So you must either fly around 9AM direct, or change planes. Not great options, in my opinion. However, all in all, this was the best United trip we've had since the split.