“several snaus”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2018

there was a delay leaving the gate, the entertainment system didnt work and they said we could get an accommodation through the web site. when i used the web site it said they were no longer offering an accommodation for the flight. why make a promise you cant keep. the pulling away from the gate is a problem i have had on many united flights and the failure of the entertainment system as well.

1  Thank drudol
Write a ReviewReviews (27,418)

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I haven't flown commercial in probably 18 years so I didn't know what to expect as far as protocol goes.
The company I worked for required us to have TSA badges so I was able to use the pre-screened line for security. Easy peasy!

The United check in folks were patient and they answered all my pre boarding questions. It might have helped that I went the day before I flew out, to make sure my carry on bags would fit the template and ask my questions.
The seats were not terribly uncomfortable and I basically read an entire book for my three phase journey from Jax to Houston to Los Angeles to Santa Barbara. The other folks in my row either slept or watched movies. Caramel Waffle Cookie and Pretzels were the provided snacks on the first two legs of my journey. Coke was my beverage. Water only was offered on Phase Three of my flight.

I bought the one way seat the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and total price was $249- great deal for an economy seat.
(It was one step above basic economy)

Only negatives-
The puddle jumper plane I flew from LA to Santa Barbara was 'bullied' by a couple of incoming larger planes at the terminal and we were behind by 15-20 minutes as we had to wait for them to get situated at the gate....since I had been traveling all day, I was ready to get to my destination.
Second hiccup-
While waiting to get on board in Houston, it was requested that boarding group 4 folks take their carry on luggage to the podium so it could be stowed....maybe 5 of us did that and the rest of the folks ( regulars?) kept their luggage and used the overhead storage bins.... there was a ton of space leftover.....since I went to Santa Barbara picking it up at the carousel wasn't that big of a deal but I imagine an LA carousel pick up would be more adventurous!

I could easily say I would gladly do the same trip again.

United UA 50 January 13th 2018 Madrid - Newark
We book first class - the seat are very comfortable, friendly staff, good service.
The only thing that we was disappointed with a food - it should be at a better level -
both of us have a stomach problem.
Also the movie should be more update. Otherwise the flight was good and on time.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

This flight left right on time and was a smooth flight with pleasant service.We were fortunate to arrive over 30 minutes early in Amsterdam. The Butter Chicken in Economy was not very good, as the rice was the main ingredient. Movie selections were pretty good, which is always important on a long flight. A flight attendant even cleaned the bathrooms halfway through the flight. I have never observed this before. Overall I was pleased with the flight.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Although it's a long haul, our experience with United was great. Short connection in LAX (45 minutes), but bags made it to Sydney with us. On-time departure and early arrival in Sydney. Return flights were also great! And now United has started non-stop from Sydney! Help get our trip to Australia/New Zealand off to a great start, and a good ending.

;