“PVR to IAH”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Very good flight from Puerto Vallarta to Houston-Bush. The PVR airport terminal is quite noisy and chaotic - definitely worth it if you have airport lounge access. The United folks were very efficient in setting up portable stanchion posts and ropes for their boarding group numbers, as they seem to change gates often and share the gates with other airlines. The flight boarded promptly and we left on time. The flight was smooth and uneventful. We landed at IAH slightly ahead of schedule.

Note #1: Quite a few of the Global Entry kiosks don't work properly. The Customs officers acknowledged this. It took me 5 different machines before I got my slip of paper.

Note #2: There IS a TSA Pre even when coming here from overseas. If you have TSA Pre, DON'T follow the herd and blindly be directed to the LONG LINES security re-check area where all those coming from international destinations are steered. From claiming and re-depositing your checked baggage, you'll want to bear LEFT and you'll see the small 'TSA Pre' sign that has you going out into the hallway, heading left and over to the escalator where there is another small 'TSA Pre' sign. Once you get upstairs, you are in an area that has a large TSA Pre security area that is completely empty (this is one spot where folks from Houston get dropped off in their cars and check in). This will enable you to speed through security and it leaves you in that long walkway area between the Terminals D and E. Very convenient.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (27,316)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I hadn't flown United in quite awhile. The planes I flew on were relatively new, but the seats were so uncomfortable, a lot smaller than I remember and they barely go back to rest your head. I am thinking of the plane I rode back on from Chicago to Orlando. I had an aisle seat, but could not see any of the windows at all. It seemed the seats were placed further ahead of the windows, so the person getting the window seat had to look back from his seat.... and from where I sat, it looked like the plane had no windows, because of how they were placed. (lol) Maybe they tried to get more rows of seats on the plane when made it. Not too impressed with it at all.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The flight was adequate. It is frustrating when the text to tell you of a delay comes hours after the delay.. Also when you cannot get a heads up on flight info during the trip if you do not have a 'smart' phone.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Flew from San Francisco to NY a while back about a week after Thanksgiving. My grown daughter and I had coordinated our search for seats so that we would be sitting together going home. A few hours before the flight, I received an alert from UA that my seat had been changed by them. I was so upset, after the trouble we had gone through to get seats together! To make this short....no one at UA check-in would help. Said ‘take
it up at the gate’. Downloaded boarding pass wouldn’t work at kiosk. UA woman there said, “I’ll get manager to help”. Left. Never came back! Waited at least 20 min or more.
Finally, walking to gate, in a galaxy far, far away, get on line at gate with 30 people ahead of us. Short survey I took confirmed all in my vicinity also had seat robbed by UA. Three UA people behind gate desk. One was actually helping line customer. Two doing nothing but pacing around. The working one was still helping the one customer for 45 min when boarding was called and completed! On board, told greeter my problem...said see the flight attendant. Went directly to her...said she would help...another passenger approached with issue...attendant said, “be right back”. Never saw her again. Finally, I sat next to my daughter. Passenger came. I explained. Asked if she could take my changed seat. She looked. Said, “fine”. “Thank you very much”.
Proceeded to have most uncomfortable flight ever, jammed in like a NYC Subway at rush hour for 61/2 plus hours! Don’t know when I’ve had such a wonderful time!

PS...this flight was in 2015 but I had to choose 2017 in TripAdvisor drop down as no other choice. Pretty sure UA hasn’t changed much as dragging passengers off plane was their next stunt. Also, my device won’t let me click on rating bubbles. I think you can probably accurately guess what they would be though.

1  Thank amaranthine
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This is a trans-Atlantic flight, and so you just tolerate it.
Check in was excellent, as was the gate staff.
The flight attendants were friendly and helpful, although my call button use was not noticed--twice.
The food? Well, the first meal gave poor definition of an omelet. Hard to recognize, and it tasted, well, like airplane food--yuck. The turkey sandwich near the end of the flight was actually pretty good and on decent bread, but that was it. No chips. Not even a carrot or pretzel. Come on, United!
The seats are standard, and the bummies just get tired. I had an aisle seat, and so I could easily get up and stretch in the back.
The flight kept to its schedule, even though we had some strong headwind.
I've no complaints. Sure beats a boat 400 years ago.

;