“Hi,day intbeus”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Excellent service with. Checking in which is quite different to Australia. Very knowledgeable Staff and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. During the flight snacks and drinks were served by great hostesses. Good searing and service.

1  Thank bobbie446
Write a ReviewReviews (33,812)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

First of all, they got us from point A to point B. That's all they really NEED to do. The free 2oz glass of water and pretzels are a nice bonus. Your knees (as a 5'8 individual) don't hit the seat in front of you. So that's where the two stars come from.

Onto the bad stuff. Seats are about the equivalent of sitting on a sports bleacher with a towel or two under your bum and behind your back.

After a delayed first flight, we barely made our connecting flight... but hey... we made our connecting flight so we can't really complain. Too bad our baggage didn't, but we figured we's just walk in there the next day, it would be waiting at a desk, and we would take it home. Easy enough, especially when you have a guy telling you that your bags are already booked for a flight the next day and will arrive at noon.

Anyways, we were told our bags would be through customs and ready by 2:30pm the next day. We showed up at 3:30pm, as we hadn't heard anything about our bags, and we figured our bags would be ready by then. Well, United did a wonderful job of keeping us busy, running around the airport to talk to imaginary people about our bag location, and waiting for phone calls we would never get... and after 1.5 hours, NON-United staff had to advocate to United to return our bags, as it should NOT take over five hours to clear customs. Finally got our bags just after 5:00pm. We are thankful that we even got our bags back, but the run-around, lies, rude staff, and the amount of time and work we had to put into getting our things back was ridiculous. If we hadn't harassed them to return our bags, we likely never would have gotten a call to come pick them up.

Apparently United is the only airline that doesn't use the airport's baggage service "portal" that all of the other airlines use, so when your bags go missing, you're relying on one "middle-man" to track them down in customs and get them for you... not a whole service area that efficiently tracks your bags down and gets them out of customs.

2  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I flew economy to visit my sister in Kona, HI. We were packed in the plane like sardines.I flew from El Paso, TX, to Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, to San Francisco, CA to Kona, HI. On every leg of the journey the seating was all the same, as soon as the flight attendants allowed the passengers to lean the chair back I was trapped. I am a 6'1" female and had absolutely NO leg room. I have heard that new planes the airlines are having built are going to have 2" less leg room. I am not sure who the airlines are catering to, their is no such thing as comfort when flying. I used to be able to request a bulkhead or exit row that had extra leg room. Now that is another area the airlines looks at to add "additional fees". There is no such thing as customer comfort unless you are willing to pay additional fees for any little convenience or comfort. My husband had accumulated over a million miles on United in business travels and he now wants to make more road trips because he is tired of being cramped. I was disappointed on how little United did to prepare us for a trip to "Paradise". The only way we knew we were approaching the Islands is when the flight attendants passed out the Agricultural forms we were all required to fill out. When we flew to Hawaii in 1985 & 1991 we KNEW we were heading to the Islands. The attendants had floral uniforms on, we were greeted with a friendly "Aloha" ~ all that has disappeared. I was very disappointed.

2  Thank Rose H
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Had a great flight from boi to ord on Skywest. Crew did a great job despite strong winds and thunderstorms.

1  Thank winfred c v
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The economy plus seats felt no different than the regular economy seats. If there was an extra 1/2 inch of pitch, who knows. We were still crammed in 3-4-3. It was a scam.

We had a ton of turbulence over Western Europe. A flight attendant said to someone over the loudspeaker, “get in your seat! This is severe turbulence and you need to get buckled and hold on! Hold on!!” I was offended. I dislike turbulence and find it scary, but I know enough to know this flight attendant was being ridiculous. Luckily, the captain came on and talked about the strong plane, that all was safe, and that they were looking for a better altitude. (Shortly after that, the sign came off after the pilot descended to 28k.)

The same flight attendant blamed Tel Aviv staff for confiscating our brand-new waters at the gate, purchased after security. “Who knows what they do here? I have to fly here five times a month.” Israel has good security so wouldn’t do something that stupid. I wanted to know why it was a united policy or a new USA policy, to keep us from having water we had just bought. The Israeli kid at the gate had no idea, but said he was taking them because of a USA/United policy.

Another FA was nasty when I asked if I could take a water. I was blocked from going back to my seat from the lav due to their service. She said no, they were coming around. I said you’ve already been to my row. She said, “fine” in a very unfriendly voice. They were down two flight attendants for some reason, and definitely were not happy to be there on that flight.

This seat was really uncomfortable for 12 hours. I gave two stars because it felt safe—the pilots flew around the jet stream with skill, taking us on a northern route so the flight itself was less bumpy than it could have been.

1  Thank Nicole G