“Denver-Here we go!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Excellent flight-and if you have a choice of going from Savannah or Charleston...pick Savanna, what a great airport....small be efficient and beautiful. Check in was easy, security also.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,703)

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Leaving and arriving on time is very important, especially over Spring Break. United managed to get us out and land a little ahead of schedule and less than 30 minutes delay on the return due to a severe storm in Orlando. We had passes to sit in the lounge and so we were kept up to the minute on our delay. Luckily it did not cause any issues with our connecting flight in Chicago. Overall we could not have been more pleased.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

This flight was poor, as weather had cancelled flight, they rebooked automatically - very nice, then played musical gates in Chicago as they couldn't get a slot for plane, but finally got me home to RNO a couple of hours later. Masterful effort to recover from weather related problems. Back to the crowded bus syndrome for the rest of flight, lousy snack, drinks on time but nothing special, of course the seat comfort was poor, to small, stews did there best but I guess its the nature of things, American sucks, United a faire better

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I live in Houston and United has a hub here-- we used to be Continental's corporate headquarters which I’m still nostalgic of the good old days-- so it is easy to get from here to just about anywhere. And that’s why I stick with United—that and I have lots of airline miles.

IAH is a well stocked airport with interesting shops and restaurants plus the United Clubs are comfortable and well stocked with snacks and beverages but the flights feel like cattle cars. We are all wedged in together and can barely get in and out of our seats. I'm 5’ 5" and not overweight and I feel stuffed into the seat. God forbid the person in front recline because I constantly bump my head as I look down to read. I will say that for the most part the crew are well trained and hospitable. The passengers are the wild cards—you win some good seatmates and you lose some.

I usually fly using my miles so I pick unpopular flight times to get the fewest number of miles per flight-- yet even flights at 5:00 am are stuffed to the overheads with people and baggage. On this trip I did have one leg on a 787 Dreamliner aircraft and it was a delight-- so hopefully my next review will upgrade my opinion of the airline...if they just buy more Dreamliners.

Question below asks if I paid for priority boarding and baggage handling-- both those services are part of my MileagePlus Credit Card along with membership to the United Club. So although I get these items free with each trip-- I also pay a small fee for my credit card which I recoup after a couple of flights.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Our flight from Syracuse to Honolulu was perfect except for the fact that you had to use personal devices ( I phones or iPads) to view movies. Laptops would not work.. On the other hand our flight from Honolulu to Newark was not great. The movie screens were in the back of the seats. We had paid to upgrade to economy plus as there were three of us and it was an overnight flight. The cost of each upgrade was $109. One of our screens did not work at all. We were advised by the flight attendant to request a refund of that upgrade but United denied this request and issued us a $100 credit towards a future flight within the next year.. We are premier United members with a United club membership. We felt this was not acceptable.