“Birmingham UK to Bangkok Via Istanbul”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Cheapest option by a long way - booked 7 months in advance. Easy check in and although we had to wait at Istanbul for a couple of hours each way we saved nearly £400 between the two of us Compared to direct flights (where we would have had to go from Heathrow) plane was comfortable and staff were attentive. Flight times reasonable as well. Would use Turkish Airlines again - and they fly to loads of destinations from Istanbul.
Use google flight to assess the cheapest days to travel then book direct- we saved £400 - total cost for two Birmingham to Bangkok and return was £870 compared to nearly £1300 with Emirates for the same dates

1  Thank domwinter1967
Write a ReviewReviews (22,735)

Reviewed 19 February 2019

Flight from Kinshasa, Congo to Beirut, Lebanon takes between 9-13 hours (including transit time). Given that it is a long trip I wanted to fly comfortably and so I chose to book a business class in what is advertised as the best airlines in Europe.
First part of the trip (Kinshasa-Istanbul): The business class experience was very average and the seats were not spacious enough as I was expecting; it seemed more like economy plus or something.
Second part of the trip (Istanbul-Beirut): Even though the business class had large and spacious seats, the plane was an old model. Again, not what I was expecting.
However, in both flights the flight attendants were very nice and the service was good as well.

* I decided to cancel my return ticket and it has been 2 weeks and I still have not received a refund. This also adds to my overall disappointment with the airline.

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

New plane. Service acceptable. 30 kilos baggage important. Food on board okay could be better. Crew member professional but not smiling nor very pleasant. Transit: long queues, very slow, require more personal early in the morning and can be tricky if you have only 1 hour to catch the connecting flight out. They were more pleasant some years ago.

Reviewed 18 February 2019

Everything was just perfect - scheduling, timing, punctuality, service, friendlyness. This is definitely my favorite airline for business trips.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Turkish airline help me to have a relax flight. Food was not special. The staffs were helpful.
The variety of movies was good.