“Flight from Mumbai to Amsterdam with stopover in Istanbul”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight itself was good and on time. However, on a long flight from Mumbai to Istanbul (and on to Amsterdam), the food ran out when the trolley reached our row, both for the main meal and also the snack before landing. For the meal, I had pre-ordered the Moslem Non-Veg meal but had to make do with some vegetarian food. When we protested, the reason given was 'flight is full hence the food is insufficient'. When taking paying passengers on the flight, the airline staff obviously know how many people there are, and should load food accordingly, so this is ridiculous!! And then the snack service also ran out!! How can some passengers receive a second food service and not the others? Does one now have to put in a request to be served first, so that this does not happen? I have flown Turkish before, without problems, but this flight was a bad experience.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,888)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a flight scheduled to leave at 01.55am.
We arrived at the airport to check in at 22.55,so 3 hours before take off.
At the check in a delay of 30 minutes was announced.
If they would have been correct to us, they could have sent me info, about the delay and I could have stayed in my hotel longer.
Now I had to stay till 06.15am in the lounge, so 7 hours.
That is not nice at the age of 69 hears old.
I fly 7 times per year from Europe to Singapore and back.
I wanted to change to Turkish Airlines for the future, but this experience changed my mind.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The airplanes were fairly new. However, the 1st flight was 1 hour delayed. Worse, the connecting airport (Ataturk) was a mess. Queues were very long even for transit passengers. Took us more than an hour to clear transit lines to arrive at our boarding gate already boarding. Was not a relaxing experience at all.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we've travelled to Istambul in a confortable new plane with good servisse, which was a good surprise as this was our first time with this company!

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My entire family was upgraded to business class for free . Thank you so much Turkish Airlines . It was just an hour flight so nothing extra , food and drink same as economy - only seat was the extra perk - entertainment systems don’t work on short flights