“Please turn on the airconditioner”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a local I do admire Turkish Bath in my town but not while waiting in the plane to fly and for sure not for more than 10 minutes in the plane.
I was on my way to İstanbul from Prague on November 3rd, TK 1770 at 19:10.
I asked the cabin crew twice if it was only me complaining about the temperature on board. Cihan, the steward was polite and helpful and assume did his best but the air conditioner didn't start at least for 10-15 minutes while we were waiting to take off.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (20,216)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew without incident from Toronto to Dhaka via Istanbul. Inflight meals were adequate but not exceptional. The flight crew were attentive and courteous.
The check-in desk at Toronto was very good.
The return flight was delayed at Dhaka by four hours meaning we missed our connecting flight in Istanbul. I realise incidents happening like this are beyond anyone's control: but I felt there could have been more help at the Turkish Airlines Transfer Desk at Istanbul. The desk was totally understaffed (and there were several flights disrupted at this time). I had noticed there was flight on the ground heading for Toronto, as well as another one the next day. My requests to look into these flights to see if we could get on them were completely ignored as I was informed we would be staying two nights in Istanbul. Hotel accommodation was arranged. We did need a visa as we were leaving the airport: this was an unexpected cost (US$140 for the two of us). No attempt by the airline to pay for this. We had to collect our checked baggage and take it to the hotel.
Paying for your luggage cart is absolutely ridiculous!!
The flight after two days went without incident.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a great experience...travelling with my family...good service... friendly satff on board..cannot complain. We enjoy our flights ...we had 4 flights by turkish airline for our journey.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very comfortable airline, enough legroom and great up to date movies.
The food was great and we were offered water and drinks often during the flight.
Really appreciated the little toiletry bag with slippers, lip ice, toothbrush and toothpaste.
A really nice touch
Love the screen in front of the plane keeping you updated of your journey.
Thank you for making my first overseas trip so memorable

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Full disclosure; I've travelled quite a few times with Turkish Airlines and enjoyed every flight. My last flight to Thessaloniki in October 2018 was sponsored by Turkish Airlines for a work related trip to Northern Greece (I am a luxury travel advisor). The staff on Turkish Airlines has always provided excellent service; I love the "chef on board" feature; and I adore the way the food is presented with the cart service...it really harkens back to a luxurious and very special air travel experience.

If travelling business class one has access to the Star Alliance lounges; and of course the CIP Lounge in Istanbul is 6,000 feet of amazing lounge! There is priority boarding however it does depend on who is staffing the desk as sometimes it can be chaotic so just manage your expectations as once onboard service is impeccable. Menus are offered so that one may determine what they might like to dine on and then the food is offered via cart service. I enjoyed Tattinger Champagne while I was in-flight, and my food was absolutely delicious! After dinner service the flight staff made up our beds with custom fitted sheets, duvets and pillows which - again - is such a nice touch. The entertainment systems is prolific with a variety of old and new movies, series and the like. If you are deciding between Turkish Airlines and another do give Turkish Airlines a try. I have always enjoyed my flights and my observation of deplaning passengers seems that others do as well - regardless of their class of travel. Feel free to get in touch if you have specific questions I can help with!