“Lac-Lustre”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Selected the TAP option because all other routes and airlines have gone crazy expensive in recent months on the transatlantic routes and TAP are offering competitive prices. We have used TAP on European routes before but never long haul, so we were interested to see what was offered. The aircraft was the old layout Airbus 330 which immediately disappointed us, these are too old and tired for long haul. The aircraft we had was in need of a good deep clean, dirty around and under seats, pockets with items from previous passengers etc. Not acceptable anywhere but certainly not in business class.

Check-in and boarding at MAD and LIS was relatively efficient, I say relatively because they need some guidance & training regarding business class boarding and priority - otherwise what are you paying extra for?

Onboard, the seats are ok, decent legroom and lighting but not special enough for business class. Similarly with the food, despite my wife making an online reservation for different food, she only received a slightly modified standard dish. Poor service!

The price difference does make TAP interesting but choose carefully.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,235)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight on time, good attendance at the airport and very nice service on board. Many newspaper available for free. Clean aircraft.

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank Alessandra F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found the checkin process very easy online. I per-booked so the day before my flight I was sent my boarding passes without having to check in. They are very strict about the size of your carry on, so be prepared to be charged extra.

1  Thank M W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The worst company I ever flight. Horrible crisis communication. Absolutely unhelpful. I fly quite a lot but my first time with tap was dissapointing. Staff in plane looks very boring and they dont want to talk to you if you need water or anything. On the way bavk the flight was cancelled. Again amateur reaction and no communication. Tap never again

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank kijaka
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since 1996, year of my first flight with this airline, I always enjoyed to be in the air with TAP Air Portugal, Safety is my number one priority and TAP means safety. Best personnel, Everything is Top with TAP.