“Very helpful”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 18 January 2019

My husband is in a wheelchair and the people in Toronto and in Lisbon very extremely helpful and patient. It made for a very relaxed flight.

Date of travel: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (14,298)

Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

I had to cancel a flight because I had a serious cardiac condition. I was told to send an email with documentation. When I rebooked, they said, not enough information.. I had sent an EKG recording with date and time. The booking agent is the one who decided.
Since then, I have been following up to grieve that decision and have entered into customer service hell that would make Dante smile with glee. One month of jumping through hoops only to hit a wall.. Get an error message get emails from No reply emails. It is impossible to reach someone. Even in FB messenger they just string you along resolving nothing.
Even the day I was sick, I tried calling for two hours to cancel my flight and could not get through.
This utter disregard for customer service is abhorrent and does not belong in a respectful society.
There needs to be a huge shift in management with this airline and a retraining of most employees.
Worst experience of my 57 years flying.

3  Thank SandyNy
Reviewed 16 January 2019

Leaving Manchester was ok, however a rather unnecessarily aggressive lady at check in insisting on no baggage going in the plane....fine by us we had baggage paid for. I see her point on our return journey! Flight late lots of faffing by passengers and staff, finally take off 20 mins late. Food poor, only 6 vegetarian options for the whole flight! No vegan options. Wet cake and very dry sandwich with horrible processed cheese and meat. 1 drink per passenger! Return flight was chaotic and again late - the gate opened we were ushered onto buses and then sat there for 15 minutes before being taken to the plane. Got on the plane last to find all overhead lockers jam packed with enormous suitcases which had been allowed onto the flight! There was much faffing and reorganising of the lockers and with frayed tempers and some people who only had backpacks being told to stow them below the seat in front of them. Food on return was even worse a wet wrap and a pot of quark with some crackers. Arrived 30 minutes late into Manchester. Very expensive ticket and a budget airline experience!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Cinders62
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Just to warn people that business class from LHR to Lisbon was an uncomfortable experience. There was no difference in the seats to the rest of the plane and the kisher meal my husband and I ordered was not fit for human consumption. It was 2 different packets of buscuits, a small orange juice, some dry crackers and a small pot of apple purée, all in a cardboard box. We travelled on to Rio with TAP and was served the same thing for the 2 meals on that flight. For lunch, a tiny portion of chicken and rice was served and for the late snack the same, but the meal had not been heated. We returned it twice but it was still cold and the cous cous was hard.We therefore travelled for nearly 18 hours without any proper food, after paying for business class service. I e mailed TAP and haven’t even had the courtesy of a reply. Disgusting service

Date of travel: January 2019
5  Thank diane g
Reviewed 16 January 2019

We had a connecting flight to Madeira changing at Lisbon.
Firstly, we had a three-hour wait on the tarmac at Heathrow,
They had no vegetarian option on the first flight when handing out the snack meal, which did not impress me at all.
Then when we got to Lisbon, our connecting flight had gone, and we were in Lisbon airport for several hours, as there was no available plane. ???
Firstly we were told they would try to get us away that evening or the next morning, but after long, uncomfortable waits, we were told it would be THREE DAYS!

We booked into a hotel, but were unable to get our luggage which was still in some loading bay several hours after we had arrived in Lisbon, so we had no luggage for the first night.
Our flight from Heathrow had been due to leave early Friday morning, and we finally got to a hotel, in the wrong city, late that evening, shattered, worried and with swollen legs.

Then after two days in Lisbon, they magicked a plane out of somewhere, and we were flown to Madeira on the Sunday morning.

The whole process reeked of inefficiency. It was the worst journey I had ever made, and we had lost two days of our week's holiday, plus were tired, frazzled and stressed.

To rub salt in the wounds, the return flights to Heathrow were also delayed, by nearly two hours and one hour respectively.

Oh, and when I used the inflight loos, there was no soap.
I will not fly with Tap Portugal again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Prestadigitation