“Average Flight, poor Terminal experience”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 16 January 2019

Flight was normal, food typical , good overhead storage space. Worse part was the Lisbon airport. Multiple checkpoints. Departure gate not listed till 90mins. prior to departure. Then surprised with extremely long lines at final checkpoint. Took 90 mins to get through final line then 1/2 mile run to departure gate. Fortunately plane was held. 45mins late takeoff. All due to under staffed checkpoints. Advice -don't stop to enjoy that last glass of Port, get to your departure gate ASAP.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank BHARD
Write a ReviewReviews (14,288)

Reviewed 16 January 2019

Hope that flying them is as good as my experience with making reservations on their web site.
Booked two flights to Barcelona with a stop in Lisbon[September 2019] and price was actually less than some travel within USA or to Caribbean.

1  Thank Juan G
Reviewed 16 January 2019

Coming back from Rome on TAP Portugal was terrific. The plane was very comfortable, the staff members were incredibly friendly and even the food was pretty good. I'd fly TAP Portugal again, and connecting through Lisbon was so easy!

1  Thank jdcraik
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Worst flight ever today! Checked in at Toronto airport to fly YYZ-LIS, then LIS-LPA all on TAP. Agent asked where that LPA was? I am not making this up!

Prior to this I had tried to call into their call centre for at least 6 times as I was placed in a queue and told not to hang up, only to be disconcerted after 3.5 minutes!

Had booked exit row seats as I am tall and have back issues, which changed due a change in aircraft and we were assigned a window and an aisle instead. Checked in on line which still showed window and aisle. We thought...:

Went to airport and was there early so went to get something to eat only to be surprised by a Final Boarding call (no previous ones), 30 minutes before the boarding time on our boarding passes!

Get on board only to find that my husband and we are not in window and aisle seats together, but in two aisles which don’t even line up! Advise flight attendant who said don’t worry, flight wasn’t full. See them moving around Portuguese speaking passengers and us being ignored.

Announcements made in the flight couldn’t be heard by anyone. Wonder what Transport Canada would say!?

Asked to speak to “in charge” who said she could move us to an aisle and the seat next in. We did, and I sat with a metal box at my feet for the 7 hour flight!

Simply horrendous, food not great and to top it off, the feature film was James Bond’s Live and Let Die from 1973!! Seriously? A 46 year old movie?

Not looking forward to our second leg tomorrow from LIS-LPA. Disgusting!

3  Thank Mikeyman2195
Reviewed 15 January 2019

I had my worst flight booking experience with any airlines ever. When I knew that I will be traveling to Porto, I was so excited. I tried to download the Tap Air app and made the booking, but the app was pretty useless. I tried to book it numerous times but the page kept locking me out and diverting to the wrong page. Hence I gave it up and booked in online. The bad luck continued. First, the website wasn't stable. Every time I tried to make a booking, the date might suddenly be altered without even you noticed it. That's when I realised that my return date was 3 days off from what I wanted.

As a result, I started my flight changes process with Tap air. Once again, the bad experience continued from the app to the website even to their customer service. As it is indicated in my booking, if I made my booking within 24 hours, I cannot change it online and they diverted us to a customer service website. Well, I filled in a form in the hope that I get a response within 24 hours to have my flight altered without paying penalty. After 24 hours, I still didn't get any response. I was nervous and called the customer service line to find out what happened. After spending one hour with two different customer service advisors, they indicated two things:
1. If I want to make changes within 24 hours after making my booking, I need to call them instead of filling in the form (they do not have access to the form that I filled. And the form that I send within the 24 hours window is invalid because I didn't follow the right process - but this is not indicated on their website !!! and what do they divert us to the customer service website with all the available services but I couldnt choose any of the communication channel to contact them )
2. As a result of invalid process of changing my flight as claimed by Tap Air Portugal advisors, I have to pay 100euro for the penalty fee because I have called them after 24 hours window and my form filling within 24 hours will not be counted. (blimey !)

If I need to pay the penalty, it would be costing more than booking a new flight just for the flight from Porto to Dublin. The advisors have no interest in helping me to find the form that I filled in nor helped me to waive my penalty fee.
Hence my advise for anyone would like to use Tap Air:
1. Be careful when using their website, it is pretty unstable. My flight date changes without even my notice. I always pretty careful when booking flight, but I didn't realise it can be that bad.
2. Always check your flight details after your make your booking. If you found any anomalies, contact them (use the phone rather than online form) directly within 24 hours to avoid the penalty. There is no indication on their website that you need to contact them within 24 hours to avoid the penalty fee. On the other hand, they actually encourage you to contact them or make the changes after 24 hours so that they can make the 100Euro out of you. Beware of this scam !!!
3. If you can avoid Tap air, by all mean.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Andy_UK_CBS