“Do not TAP into my finances”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I understand times are tough for some airlines. But do not charge us 37 Euros for a FIRST bag checked. LISBON to SEVILLE is technically an INTERNATIONAL flight as the last time I checked the former was in PORTUGAL and the latter in SPAIN. Then another 37 on the return flight. Really- that is just not right.

Other than that the flight was timely, and the crew professional and courteous. Give me back the 74 Euros that you stole from me in baggage fees, and all will be forgiven.

1  Thank HBARRY740
Write a ReviewReviews (12,692)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have flown this airline once before and they always exceeded my expectations. In fact, we have plans to fly them again later this year.

1  Thank Ilsa K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall the experience was good - flights on time, flight attendants very friendly and helpful, „normal“ economy class comfort. Because of a fault of my travel very agent my booking was lost when I arrived at the checkin- even though it wasn’t TAP’s fault I was surprised about the checkin personnel’s total lack of of interest in helping me to get the issue resolved. After a 30 minute phone call to the travel agent in Germany I was able to checkin and fly home. Unfortunately, this hickup meant my previously confirmed seat and vegan meal wasn‘t available, but, again, this was not Air Portugal‘s fault. A tiny thing I would like to mention- they still use stoneage headsets, so you cannot use your modern earphones unless you bring an adapter... Overall I was happy enough and will certainly fly with TAP again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew economy because, honestly, even business class is out of reach for the average traveler. The flight was comfortable with just enough leg-room even for a tall person like myself. The attendants were courteous and even the meal and snack were quite good.

My gripe with TAP is that if you fly economy class, you have to pay $47 each to select your seats. That meant for our round trip it cost the two of us $188 extra for the privilege of selecting a seat in advance which we felt was important. I find this outrageous! We booked our trip seven months early so we would have a good seat selection and then found we had to pony up a scandalous amount of money for something that should be included with the already high price of a ticket.

Also be warned of more delays once you get to the TAP gate at the Lisbon Airport from which your flight will depart. Leave yourself plenty of time. After first going through the long lines of security and then the airport passport checking stations we thought we were done. When we got to our gate, there was a huge and extremely slow moving line to get into the blocked-off gate seating area. All passengers were again being asked to show their passports, were being asked questions, and some having their luggage opened. Also be warned that once you get through this gauntlet and are in the gate seating area, you cannot get out again and, hence, do not have access to a bathroom or the stores to by a snack, so be sure to do this before going through this last bit of TAP airport insanity. As our flight was boarding, there was still a long line of passengers waiting just to get into the gate area. Just so you know.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Important delays, more than 2 hours for 3 over 4 flights. Seats not comfortable and sandwishes of bad quality.