“Now I’m jammed in!!!”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

So I need to take back what I said about my flight on Alaskan airlines to Lax. This is my first time flying Spirit and I don’t think I could do it again unless it was a short flight and very cheap..... I have never been so tightly jammed into my seat; I was in the seventh row!

All staff were extremely friendly and the plane was presentable but saving $50 isn’t worth literally smacking my face into the seat in front of me. But the worst was that since the seats are so close, your constantly being kicked/kneed in the back which was brutal; I can’t blame the guy behind me though.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank amo-la-spiaggia
Write a ReviewReviews (11,528)

Reviewed 17 January 2019

We flew spirit from NY to Myrtle Beach to visit a family member. The flight was $120 round trip and direct, so for the price you can't beat it. The airline is 100% budget and you will see this from the minute you book to the minute you get off the plane. Everything is extra (seat selection, normal size American carry on, food, and drinks) for the 2 hour flight I personally did not purchase anything extra. I was able to fit a weekends worth of clothes and toiletries into a backpack that fir the personal item dimensions. The flight itself was lovely. The boarding process was easy with mobile boarding passes and mobile check-in. The gate staff and flight attendants were all very welcoming. The plane was very clean and the snacks were reasonably priced for an airline ($3 for a full bag of Chex Mix) The seats are very narrow and the tray tables are about the size of an iPad Mini, but you get what you pay for. The important part is that the plane took off and landed on time for both my outgoing and return flights. 100% would fly them again because you can't beat the price!

Date of travel: August 2018
2  Thank agala0226
Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

As always, Spirit has been good to us. Sometimes you even get to fly on a newer plane. Service is great and seats were clean. Flying again in April. Can’t wait.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2019

Spirit has good rates, friendly personnel, and tends to be on time. It flies out of Latrobe, PA, which is a plus. Seating is tight, but no worse than other airlines.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 17 January 2019

Direct flight from Boston to Tampa and return. No frills, seats don't recline, smaller than other airlines. You pay a la carte for everything. BUT significantly cheaper than all other airlines ($230 cheaper per ticket) and for a direct quick flight a good bargain.

Date of travel: December 2018