“They should call this the rip off airline”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This airline may have cheaper flight prices but you end up paying more with all the add ons they charge! Ridiculous that they charge $40 for one checked bag and $45 for a carry on bag!!! Then they charge you to select a seat, they charge you for even a drink of water on the flight!!! And if you don't pay in advance for your checked bag they will charge you $10 more at the ticket counter! What a rip off! I'll pay a little more for a ticket with another airline and not have to pay so much for baggage. Plus at least you get a free drink and snack on most other airlines. The fold down tray is very tiny too, no room for anything, and we thought tight leg room.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank 1956quilter
Write a ReviewReviews (9,815)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will pay more to other Airlines but never ever travel by Spirit Airlines.
Read the fine prints or they will rip you off.
Worst staff and ruthless customer service. They treat you like a cheap passenger.
Airline seats are absolutely crap and very uncomfortable

2  Thank Iqbal K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time I’ve flown with Spirit, and the LAST TIME I’ll fly with them. Our flight was initially 1 hour delayed, then 3 hours delayed... now 13 hours delayed. Now I’m waiting 1.5 hours in line to speak with a representative. The reason I chose Spirit was because I thought I would save $50 compared to the other airlines. But then, you pay for seat selection and you pay for carry-on and check-on baggage. 100% NOT WORTH IT. Today was a wasted half-day that I could have been driving to see the Grand Canyon... Lesson learned: it isn’t worth the money that you think you’re saving.

2  Thank North-Traveling
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Departed a little early and arrived early. Service was very good for the flight and the landing in Asheville was wonderful. Seeing the mountains and forests was an amazing treat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wish to let you know that I only fly with my miles accumulated with Spirit, AA and Delta. Now 9/20/18 I flew back from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale and the regular seat was not so bad. OK the seats are not inclinable but the space to navigate in and out and the seat size were not dramatic. I remembered that in AA economy class was much worst. I got two cups of tea for $2.00. The staff was very friendly and playful. I would recommend Spirit Airlines flights.

• Food and Beverage