“Favorite airline”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Southwest is the BEST airline!!! They are ON-TIME, staff are funny and personable. Not to mention, you DON'T have to pay for baggage...

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (34,781)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

as a rewards points member ( took out credit card for upcoming purchase of $ 3,000 within 3 months that rendered 50,000 points for a purchase we were going to make anyway) we traveled from Boise to Florida for 44,000 points. This includes 4 bags which fly for free and you can control the fare you pay by checking out the monthly fare schedule that lists the dollar/points required for each flight that day. For example I could have paid 45,000 points for one flight that day or 11,000 points that day but at a different time. Some may call it no frills, I call it smart.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As long as you check in as close to 24 hours in advance as you can, you can board fairly quickly. No seat assignments, unless you pay extra. Beverage and snack service.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Check in was painless and the line moved quickly, someone's little dog pooped on the way to TSA . They didn't clean it up and a person's luggage rolled through it.
Don't wear tops with any glitter or you will be body checked because the thread will set off the machine.
The plane was on time and the stewardess rolled the people in wheelchairs in first. The whole flight crew was very pleasant, they helped you put your bag in the overhead bin. The snack of miniature pretzels, animal crackers and glass of soda was cute.
If your on a long flight or a long lay over bring a snack.1 passenger brought beans and cheese dinner and spent 3 1/2 hours passing gas.
Other than that the flight was safe and sound with wonderful flight attendants and crew. The captain told you the temperature in N.Y. on take off, weather conditions and arrival time. We got in 10 mins. early.
Departing the plane was quick and the flight crew was helpful and professional.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My flight was canceled at 7:45AM. I was put on standby for the next 2 flights but they were full. Southwest confirmed my seat on the 3:15 flight. I was there to board and my boarding pass was worthless. They had a seat available for stand by but I wasn’t on the list. I pleaded with the agent but he could care less. I had a seating assignment for this flight but he gave the seat to someone on the standby list. Southwest made a mistake booking my Re flight and could care less. I was stuck at the airport for 8 hours trying to catch a flight. On the west coast you’re kind a stuck with Southwest. It’s too bad they could care less about my business and I’m A-list preferred. Overall I was stuck in Sacramento for 12 hours and nothing was even offered for this major inconvenience.

Sounds like it’s time to start a rewards program with a different airline.

If you can don’t fly with southwest. They don’t strive to earn your business.