“Early Bird check in is worth it”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Southwest made my first flight alone easy. I didn't have to worry about hidden fees or anything. The kiosk was easy to use and understand. Check in was a breeze (and free) The boarding process takes a little research to figure out but read the poles carefully and don't be afraid to ask fellow passengers their number. But my biggest advice is to buy early bird. It's only $15 and all but guaranteed al good seat, rather it be a window seat or to sit with your family. I got A27 and A23 on my way back, window seat both times. Also you don't have to check in the night before with early bird because they check you and assign your number. In fact I didn't check in at all until I got to the airport, allowing me more time on vacation and not needing to ask the hotel owner for access to a computer or use a cell phone. Flights 2024 Baltimore-Tampa 8/6/18 and 245 Tampa-Baltimore 8/13/18.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,441)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve recently fallen out of love with American and decided to see how Southwest does. My friends rave about the ease of flying with them, the consistency of their service, schedule and almost every other aspect of the service. I was not disappointed in the least and my wife and I have now booked our next couple of trips with Southwest as a result. I used to think Southwest was the crying baby airline, but it is mostly business travelers just like me. Here’s the kicker in the whole thing. People are friendlier and NICE to each other because of the social aspect of figuring out where you are in the lineup and having to pick seats.

The big three carriers have become bloated, unfriendly and unenjoyable. Southwest hasn’t lost their way. I hope they never do.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you’ve never flown southwest I highly recommend and urge you in the strongest terms-DONT- this is the worst flight, terrible seats and horrible flight attendants. Do yourself a huge favor and fly a real airline, get an actual assigned seat and don’t fly this garbage airline.

1  Thank Noone1111111azasr
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The aircraft was wonderful, roomy, free wifi, clean and on-time. Love two free check-in baggage's. Bringing your pet on board is reasonably priced.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flying used to be fun and an adventure. Most domestic airlines have squeezed all the good juice from their customers with service and comfort long in the distant past. That said Southwest comes in first for me due to their humor and good attempts at getting people boarded quickly and efficiently. They keep you moving. So if it isn't fun anymore they at least do the best of the worst. I will keep flying with them though.