“No Surprises, the Best Surprise of All”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We try to fly Southwest as much as we can--we like the two free bags policy, and we have always found the Southwest staff friendly and helpful. We recently flew round trip from St Louis to Washington National . We were fortunate to get a nonstop both ways--I have never understood Southwest's pricing policies where a nonstop is cheaper than a connecting flight--but we were happy to take advantage of it. The flights both ways were on the smaller 737-800, so there is less overhead bin space than on the 737 Max. We found the crew helpful and friendly, and the usual boarding process straightforward. We do always buy the Early Bird check-in option in order to be placed into the A boarding group. I can't recommend that enough--that and signing up for TSA Pre check. We took off and landed on time for both flights.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (31,120)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Non stop to Las Vegas was smooth and unevenful. Flight attendants wer good and efficient. Perfect smooth landing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is actually a review of two flights. One from BWI to OKC and one back. Southwest got it all correct as far as departure and all that stuff. If you do not mind the type of boarding and seat assignment flying Southwest is not too bad. I have actually grown to like them and with their new service to DC National Airport, I am likely to fly them more often. For this trip the flights were indistinguishable except for one thing...the aircraft.

Southwest and many other airlines have purchased the new model 737-8 and 737 MAX. I was looking forward to flying in one. They have more efficient airframes and engines BUT they cram passengers into seats that are way too hard and small. The restrooms are a joke. i am 5' 10" and barely fit in them. The lady in the window seat of my row was overweight and it was a physical impossibility for someone to use the middle seat. Consequently my flight out in the 737-8 was a true disappointment. The flight back in a 737-300 ( I think) had the old leather seats and realistic restroom accommodations. Much better. I am going to pay attention to what equipment any airline I book uses and I will avoid the new 737's whenever possible.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight staf is wonderful and funny during their safety presentation. It’s very organized for no Assigned seating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All airlines these days over-book to ensure that every seat is filled. Southwest is no different in this regard. They are better at customer service and the ability to change your ticket as needed without the heavy penalties that other airlines charge. Southwest is my number one choice and also utilize their rewards credit card to earn the miles.