“I think most of their seats are bigger than most and I love the free bags”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoy flying with southwest. I think they have the nicest flight assistants and great service. My bags arrive on time and unharmed. The boarding system is different but I really don't mind it.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (31,099)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have a few disappointing experiences to share about this flight. First, I’ll begin by writing that I had no issues with the flight itself. The pilot told us what he needed to and got us to our destination on time.

The issue I had was with the WiFi. The pilot reset it as passengers were voicing their disapproval. After some time, it did come on but people were unable to watch any of the movies because of the shortened amount of time left in the flight.

I happened to be sitting near two rows of related families with small children. They played peekaboo, talked very loudly, and even with my ears covered, I could hear their conversations for the two hour and 15 minute flight. The flight attendant did come to talk with them as they paid for their drinks, but the sound level never got to a normal tone.

Because the flight was pretty full, those around this group had no place to move.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a SW traveler for close to 30 years. Recently, travel is just so sad - even on SW. I am contemplating going back to delta and O'Hare for my monthly flights to Chicago.
Issues:
1. I do not feel it is safe or courteous to let wheelchair passengers deplane before all others. At the very least, it places connections in jeopardy for the rest of us. People are slow enough to deplane when not waiting for a wheelchair - this just makes it painful and anxiety-producing to wonder if you will make your connection (or arrive there sweaty with a full bladder and an empty stomach after speed walking to another terminal).
2. I find it extremely annoying to pay extra for "early bird check in" and still be in the middle of the B group - B23, right in front of the guy who had no idea what early bird check in even was. Invariably, after "passengers needing extra assistance" board first and "family boarding" boards between groups A and B, you get stuck in a middle seat or, and only if they are not also boarding from the rear, maybe a rear row aisle by the bathroom. The exit aisles are taken by people who, for the most part, do not appear able to open the exit in an emergency and don't even listen to the safety brief. Good luck getting anyone to survive an emergency landing!
3. Bring back the peanuts! On a 3+ flight leg we were only served those nasty, stale pretzels.
Kudos:
Still the friendliest economy seat flight attendants in the biz

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew from Islip to Charleston SC through Baltimore. The best part of the flight was off the plane where we could lay over for 2 hours. Southwest is now no different than most domestic airlines. Fill up that plane with no empty seats. After the wheel chairs, elderly and parents with young children there is no need to get an early bird ticket.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had a great experience on Southwest Airlines. As first-timers to this airline, the open seating arrangement was a bit confusing for us at first, but we had a friend recommend the Early Bird seating (which we purchased) and this ensured that we got seated next to one another. The tickets themselves were very reasonably priced.The flight attendants were cheerful and courteous and the complimentary snacks and beverage service was a bonus. I will definitely be flying this airline again!