“Still my go to airline”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have been flying southwest more lately. No luggage fees. no change fees. They're still going strong so idk what the other airlines are doing. Never had an issue with southwest before. look forward to flying with them again soon.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,697)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Told by staff to run across airport to make 7:10pm flight which we made at 7:05pm. We were told that it had left even though it was sitting there. No notification on any app or by any staff other than RUN! Worst southwest experience ever.

1  Thank jxfiler2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From Boston to the connecting airport Midway Chicago, was ok. I got off and found that the connecting flight was cancelled. The reservationist told me she could only put me on a flight 6 hours later, or the next day, and no hotel accomodations were offered.Later I noticed that there were earlier flights, I was at another desk and was told that there were 6 standbys ahead of me, then a small miracle happened and a seat opened, so it all worked out, for me, I wonder how the others on the flight made out. Is outhwest only cancelling and rerrouting to save money?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling can be a drag sometimes but Southwest does a lot of things right. Their prices are typically very competitive. Boarding is done rationally. They also rank in the upper half of just about any category of importance to an air traveler. Further, J. D. Powers ranks them #1 in their 2018 Customer Satisfaction poll. All that is great but I look forward to an almost guaranteed funny comment sometime during the flight. My favorite was a greeting from the captain: He said: ( "Southwest has some of the finest pilots, navigators and flight attendants in the entire industry. Sadly none of those individuals are on this particular flight." By the way, my "Average" grades at the bottom of this review are not an indictment. They merely reflect the reality that when you are in coach and 6'3" legroom does not exist with any carrier. When was the last time you had a gourmet meal in coach on any airline? In short, it simply means it is standard for the industry and they meet it. When I fly my first choice is always Southwest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the things I always loved about flying Southwest was that their flight attendants seemed to have a good time. Always smiling, often joking. The last couple flights I've taken that wasn't the case at all. Two free bags makes up for it though! Love Southwest's sales and free bags.