“On Time. Easy Connection. Early to Destination. Ho-Hum, Must Be Southwest”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Not much to say except, "Thanks, Southwest!" for being one of the best-operating airlines in the country. After years of refinement, their ticketing and boarding systems work flawlessly. The new baggage check kiosks cut down the long lines at the departure counter, and the off-on-time, early-to-land performance can't be faulted.

When I fly I want just that, an on-time ride to my destination. Southwest excels at the task.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,446)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Simple boarding. Found seats together as a family of five. Arrived at our destination early. Would recommend!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We love flying Southwest. The flight was comfortable, easy and we took off and landed at the expected time.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Recent vacation ended with ruined luggage. I landed after traveling for nearly 12 hours in a blizzard, and sick. After addressing my medical issues I noticed my new, hard shell luggage was damaged beyond repair or usefulness. I returned to the airport with luggage in tow. I was informed there is only a 4 hour window of opportunity to report an incident but they did start a claim and advised I call the main office of SWA. When I called that same day I was agin told there was nothing they would do since it was beyond the 4 hours but I could send an email. Email sent with receipt for luggage and photos of damage. I got a confirmation stating they have 30 days to respond to me. So frustrating that i have only 4 hours to report their negligence and now i have to wait a month for a response which I have already been told would be “sorry’. In the meantime I’ve had to replace the luggage for an upcoming trip. Sorry Southwest, I have been a loyal costomer for many years but this is making me rethink and your policies should be more clearly posted for customers.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

No frills just on time with friendly flight attendants, great fares and no baggage charges. Is it any wonder SW is now the largest domestic carrier. Yah but you don't get a seat and then have to line up like cattle. Nobody loads a plane faster than SW. With the other airlines you have "your seat" but have to wait behind all the special classes to reach it only to find out its no bigger and with some airlines there is even less leg room. Since air travel is a la carte these days, why pay more for less. The "friendly skies" aren't that friendly anymore.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)