“It was very average”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived at the airport on time and check-in was ok. They need more people at the check-in desks.Boarded on time but was delayed on the ground for about 30 mins.We had to pre order a meal for cost and it was fine.The legroom was disappointing and you have to pay extra for that.In-flight entertainment costs more money and overall the flight was very average.Arrived 40mins late cause we had to circle because a storm.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Jetstar voucher was voided with no communication despite being in date. Reason flight could not initially take place was because of tested and proven COVID19.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travellers beware: if your passport has even the tiniest of tears or damage, and you are flying to Bali, Have a Jetstar rep check your passport before you get to the airport. I was refused boarding at the gate due to a minute tear in my passport which I didn’t even know was there. I tried to challenge the young chap but I knew in an airport I would lose the argument. There was a bit of ego in play between the guy at the gate and the guy at the desk which really didn’t help. A young lady was refused boarding as well who was travelling with her husband and children. After visiting the passport office who thought it was brutal of Jetstar I felt I should have stood my ground and asked for another supervisor. Anyway, a small note that the service desk JetStar personnel were brilliant and we were able to rebook two days later. Unfortunately for us extra costs for the emergency passport and misc was quite significant.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok it's not Business Class costs but it's not Business Class amenities either. It's more like Qantas Economy but there is no Qantas direct flight to replace it. The staff are great - yes some of them have English as a second language but they are courteous and friendly. So the flight left about 1 hour late - we went to the gate when that sign illuminated but promptly went back to the Qantas lounge when we realised the plane hadn't even arrived at the gate. We buy business class on the way over hoping to get some sleep. Sadly the seats aren't really good for sleeping and because we were in the front row to avoid having a seat reclined onto us we were regularly nudged as people went through the curtains to the toilet. Food - Dinner - see photo - is that really a "salad". Breakfast - omelette wasn't bad. Business Class luggage gets no priority at the end of the flight so again is it really "Business Class"? The hike from the gate to immigration in Honolulu would be a struggle for those with mobility issues. Economy on the way home should be fun but at least we won't be trying to sleep.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the worst airlines I have been on. Not only their staff are careless, we few yesterday from Melbourne to Bali, flight was delayed for 5 hours, both my wife and I had booking in bali, both lost our bookings. How did jetstar compensate us. $15 voucher to use at the airport. My advice guys, if u are flying international, don't ever book with jetstar, by the time u pay for ur meals and entertainment, you will be close to the price of any other respectful airlines out there. First international flight with jet star and definitely the last.

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.