“World worest flight”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delay txt only 1hours before, already left home. I packed Bose QC 2 earphone. They took earphone by security reason. Earphone value is over $300. They are robbery. Never use this awful flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve been burnt by Jetstar twice domestically so promised I wouldn’t fly them again.
I booked Qantas to Fiji. Flying in to Fiji was Fiji air as QANTAS carrier - great service.
On the way back, Jetstar was the QANTAS carrier. My error - I didn’t realise this before hand.
Jetstar delayed our flight back by 2 hours only a few hours prior to departure. Ultimately this would mean we would miss our connecting flight in Sydney to Melbourne, and result in an overnight layover. We managed to catch another flight through another carrier, but this came much wrangling and stress.
This has helped reaffirm why I avoid Jetstar, and will make sure I avoid any Qantas flights that use their budget airline as a carrier.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the flight itself was good but the legroom was trash. i went with my friends to athens but we had a delay until 11.35. it wasnt bad

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A stressful reason for flying; to a loved ones funeral, and an honest mistake on our part, didn't have an ounce of compassion from a young check-in supervisor. She would not let me board because my Christian name was not on my booking details. My husband hurriedly booked us two seats under his name and no option came up to change the name, so he clicked pay, we packed, and left for the airport. Flying one way the check-in girl saw our stress and used discernment, changed the first name, and we flew, but on the way back we got no such compassion. We got a very unhelpful, self-righteous supervisor, who told us in no uncertain terms that I could not fly today using my husband's first name. She was also not prepared to help us just giving us an 0800 number to call, that gave no option to urgently speak to a human (automated). She coldly told us we would not be able to change the name on the same day of travel. After this we found we could use the kiosk to book in for our flight but she informed us she saw us trying to do it and she blocked us from doing so like we were some sort of criminals. In the end we were forced to buy a new ticket which was more than double the original price one way. So, one way ended up costing us just over $400. I called her a "stickler for the rules". I later apologised, I was stressed. She didn't accept the apology but rather wanted to carry it on. Did she want my apology or not? she was the most unkind, uncaring, regimented, cold person we have ever come across; telling us "You should have thought about that before you tried to check-in". We currently have a case number and they are reviewing our situation. We are most hopeful for a refund. Obviously it was a doable situation (to change the first name on our details) because the kind person did just that for us on our first flight. Pity she didn't change it for the return flight too, or inform us that we would need to go through the process ourselves to change it - incurring an additional cost. No humanity, or empathy for our stressful reason for flying in the first place, just a cold calculated "NO you can't fly", no reasoning, no budging, her way or the highway, see's us losing trust in Jetstar, and in future we will be using Air NZ for our flights.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very obviously a budget airline, which is fine, as it was cheaper than competitors. Nothing included, even IFE or any food/drinks.

That is not the reason for the negative review; you get what you pay for.

The reason I wanted to leave a review is because my fellow passenger and I (same booking) both purchased the baggage allowance which includes a checked bag and carry-on.

I did not check a bag, but my friend did.

At the gate, my carry-on and personal item exceeded the limit, and I paid a $75 fee. However, the agent suggested that if my friend had little weight for his carry-on, our combined weight may be under the limit. We weighed our bags together, and sure enough, it was under the limit. The agent made a phone call to a supervisor/manager, and said that a refund would be issued for the $75 fee I paid. We requested a receipt to show the refund, but were told "it's in the computer".

I was advised the refund may take some time to appear, but it never did, so I contacted JetStar. I was told there is no record of the refund, the charge was valid, and there's nothing they can do, other than pass on my feedback. The person I spoke to also said that combining allowances is not allowed per policy. If that is the case, the gate agents should not be giving people incorrect information.

If I was over the limit and paid the fee, I would not have thought twice about it. It is being lied to that bothers me.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.