“Terrible service”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew with Jetstar recently. Firstly we all sat around waiting to board but couldn’t board for quite a while as some training was being done? Strange time to be doing training. It was confusing for everyone as the sign kept saying boarding closed which lead to worry that we’d somehow missed our flight. Then we finally went to board (I had my 1.5yr old with me and had my carry on weighed. My bag was 7kg however they added on my handbag which had my phone, wallet, Nappies and wipes in it and it was over the limit. I was then slugged a $75 fee. I’m really disappointed in this. I wasn’t carrying excessive luggage, simply a few sets of clothes for my baby and myself, his sleep sack, Nappies, wipes and a few baby toys. Most airlines allow extra luggage when carrying an infant however the staff informed me that the extra luggage was only for carrying a car seat, pram etc.
in today’s cost of living crisis it was another unneeded expense slugged at me for looking after my child. There was next to no leg room on the flight and when the person in front reclined their seat it made for an even tighter fit especially with a child on my lap as well.
Overall very unimpressed with the service and would not recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew home from Honolulu in business class on Jetstar's JQ4 recently. Although not as feature-packed as some other airlines, Jetstar's B787 Dreamliner is always a nice way to return home. The flight takes off shortly after 8:00am, and with the change in timezones we touch down in Sydney before 3:00pm. This aircraft is comparatively new, it's comfortable, the food offering is good, and the crew have always been excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family flew from Melbourne to Launceston with Jetstar on 6 May 2024. We were travelling with an adult daughter with an intellectual disability who also suffers with fear of heights, noise sensitivity & severe anxiety. We arranged special assistance with the airline before our flight and purchased a Hidden Disabilities sunflower lanyard (hdsunflower.com/au) and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. From check-in and security staff, customer service staff at the Gates thru to our air stewards, everyone was extremely kind and helpful. We were given priority boarding, special thanks to Josh (Cabin Manager) for making our daughter feel welcome and checking in with us during and after the flight. We only have positive things to say about our experience.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

STEALER! A lot of people miss their flight because they are confused about the time when it's midnight. Espacially because when you book you got a notification on your calendar who let you think your flight is at midnight the day after!!! The company is also responsible and have to give the best service they can but they do nothing to fix this problem and offer no compensation compare to other one who do it! They make so much money on our back and it's not possible to write a claim or a complain to the team!! You have to speak to a robot but you can't talk about what you want! The right of expression do you know?
No one could tell me how much it was to call! And the person on the phone was like a robot too! She was saying the same things like a parrot and do not lisen and judge. They are probably happy to steal money to people like this and you can't even complain. I would like to rate less than 1.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked my 2 year olds child's seat 30 numbers behind both parents!!!!!

What a criminal organisation. I checked in a day before and noticed all 3 seats are separate. After calling them was told cant change them and have to risk it and go to airport and maybe they will help us there???? Seriously? Wouldn't even put me through staff on ground to help

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.