“Nice Flight Home”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 21 May 2024

We flew home from Honolulu in business class on Jetstar's JQ4 recently. Although not as feature-packed as some other airlines, Jetstar's B787 Dreamliner is always a nice way to return home. The flight takes off shortly after 8:00am, and with the change in timezones we touch down in Sydney before 3:00pm. This aircraft is comparatively new, it's comfortable, the food offering is good, and the crew have always been excellent.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 21 May 2024

Our family flew from Melbourne to Launceston with Jetstar on 6 May 2024. We were travelling with an adult daughter with an intellectual disability who also suffers with fear of heights, noise sensitivity & severe anxiety. We arranged special assistance with the airline before our flight and purchased a Hidden Disabilities sunflower lanyard (hdsunflower.com/au) and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. From check-in and security staff, customer service staff at the Gates thru to our air stewards, everyone was extremely kind and helpful. We were given priority boarding, special thanks to Josh (Cabin Manager) for making our daughter feel welcome and checking in with us during and after the flight. We only have positive things to say about our experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2024

STEALER! A lot of people miss their flight because they are confused about the time when it's midnight. Espacially because when you book you got a notification on your calendar who let you think your flight is at midnight the day after!!! The company is also responsible and have to give the best service they can but they do nothing to fix this problem and offer no compensation compare to other one who do it! They make so much money on our back and it's not possible to write a claim or a complain to the team!! You have to speak to a robot but you can't talk about what you want! The right of expression do you know?
No one could tell me how much it was to call! And the person on the phone was like a robot too! She was saying the same things like a parrot and do not lisen and judge. They are probably happy to steal money to people like this and you can't even complain. I would like to rate less than 1.

Reviewed 20 May 2024

Booked my 2 year olds child's seat 30 numbers behind both parents!!!!!

What a criminal organisation. I checked in a day before and noticed all 3 seats are separate. After calling them was told cant change them and have to risk it and go to airport and maybe they will help us there???? Seriously? Wouldn't even put me through staff on ground to help

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 19 May 2024

Terrible, dishonest and careless.

On the 18th of April I was returning from a trip overseas. I landed in Auckland and was returning to Wellington that evening. As I was waiting for the aeroplane near gate 20, I was using my AirPods and accidentally left the case on the waiting area seat when boarding the plane.

The moment the plane took off I realised this and so as soon as I landed, using 'FindMy' I tracked the AirPods to the gate. They were still there luckily so I called Auckland airport who explained to me why they could not assist and instead to call Jetstar as they were the operators of this gate and needed to be the ones to hand in the item.

Cutting the super long story short - Jetstar had my AirPods at the gate for four days, continuously opening them triggering the tracking on FindMy, yet never handed them in as per the Airports and Jetstars policy in place. I contacted them a couple times a day trying to speed up the process of them handing them into the Airport lost and found as to have someone collect them who was flying through.

I kept being told they were not found, yet I still could see the location and last time triggered, so I sent them this information yet they did nothing. I explicitly told them I was very worried they would be thrown in the garbage due to recklessness yet they still did nothing.

As I predicted, they were thrown in the garbage. While I was trying to deal with this, Jetstar kept telling me I needed to deal with the Airport, yet, even after forwarding the Airports emails, they refused to accept that the airport had no responsibility for the item as it is the job of the gate staff to hand in any lost item.

I take full responsibility for the item being lost, I would even take responsibility if the item had been thrown away that day as sometimes people may not know whats electronic/an expensive item; However, as they remained at the gate and were never handed in for over four days, Jetstar failed to meet the Airport and its own policies.

Terrible service, terrible communication (5 days between emails), terrible all round.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.