“Dishonest and Careless”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrible, dishonest and careless.

On the 18th of April I was returning from a trip overseas. I landed in Auckland and was returning to Wellington that evening. As I was waiting for the aeroplane near gate 20, I was using my AirPods and accidentally left the case on the waiting area seat when boarding the plane.

The moment the plane took off I realised this and so as soon as I landed, using 'FindMy' I tracked the AirPods to the gate. They were still there luckily so I called Auckland airport who explained to me why they could not assist and instead to call Jetstar as they were the operators of this gate and needed to be the ones to hand in the item.

Cutting the super long story short - Jetstar had my AirPods at the gate for four days, continuously opening them triggering the tracking on FindMy, yet never handed them in as per the Airports and Jetstars policy in place. I contacted them a couple times a day trying to speed up the process of them handing them into the Airport lost and found as to have someone collect them who was flying through.

I kept being told they were not found, yet I still could see the location and last time triggered, so I sent them this information yet they did nothing. I explicitly told them I was very worried they would be thrown in the garbage due to recklessness yet they still did nothing.

As I predicted, they were thrown in the garbage. While I was trying to deal with this, Jetstar kept telling me I needed to deal with the Airport, yet, even after forwarding the Airports emails, they refused to accept that the airport had no responsibility for the item as it is the job of the gate staff to hand in any lost item.

I take full responsibility for the item being lost, I would even take responsibility if the item had been thrown away that day as sometimes people may not know whats electronic/an expensive item; However, as they remained at the gate and were never handed in for over four days, Jetstar failed to meet the Airport and its own policies.

Terrible service, terrible communication (5 days between emails), terrible all round.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in closes to early, but from check in to boarding gate, all okay.
Normal very slow boarding because of inconsiderate passenger, who basically took no notice of request from flight attendants etc., but over all, what you would expect using a low cost airline. Flight good, meals okay, but to expensive, service and flight attendants, very good.
My only real gripe is because Jetstar are trying to mend there terrible, terrible past departing and arrival times, and there total lack of respect, the paying passengers are being forced to ware the brunt of Jetstar trying to do so, as in, passengers are required to arrive at check in earlier than normally needed, and board earlier than is needed, hence, on my past two flights, after all passenger had boarded and seated, all had to wait for around 20 + minuets before the aircraft was pushed out.
very annoying as not necessary as it turns what should be a three and a half flight into a four hour + flight.
I have also flown with AA twice during 2024 without having to put up with same Jetstar early boarding inconvenience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous flight, Awesome Air Hostesses they were dressed immaculately clean plane, Food amazing ( we were very surprised). Great leg room.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fist thing was that I had already left home when we received the message of one hour delay. As needed to be there 3 hours before for an international flight. Flight times kept changing for hours until it was 7 hours after the original. So we spent 11 hours in the airport.. I spent about 100 on 4 beers. (Big beers) And more then that on food. They then offered me a 10 dollar voucher 🤣. So I lost a big chunk of my holiday and flew over night so needed days to recover. Suprise suprise the way back was also delayed by an hour. We where so stressed it would blow out again. Over the last year about 50 percent of our flights with Jetstar have been cancelled, moved or delayed. My wife begged not to use Jetstar but as it was only direct I insisted. But I cant do that again. We are finished with them. I'll definitely just deal with the extra few hours stop over so I'm not left waiting at the airport and wasting hotel bookings and cancelling connecting flights. Definitely don't use Jetstar on a connecting flight 😬 the guy at Jetstar said there one of the better company for being on time haha only bonza was actually worse on stats and bonza went bottoms up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lady behind desk at Check In needs to improve with her Customer Service. Lack of enthusiasm and kindness, doesn’t look like she even enjoys her job, or even cares for customers.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.