“Cancelled my flight”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 12 May 2024

I had extremely horrible experience with Jetstar. One of the worst flight experience ever in my life. I had emergency hospital visit at night I came on time one minute late the staff said that we already closed the boarding we can’t check you in I was there one hour before but one minute late. It was very stressful at 5 am in the morning to book another flight with Garuda Indonesia which I had great experience totally different. I tried many times to check in online but I was not able to do so. Technical error. I will never recommend this flight to anyone. Overseas countries flight are more comfortable and treat customers much better and try to help them rather than just to follow rules and orders.

Reviewed 12 May 2024

Absolutely DISGUSTING service and WORST service from this ugly airline called Jetstar! (To be honest, they deserved better name, Jetshit instead of Jetstar) they cancelled my flight in the last minute. My flight was 8:15pm but sent me an email at 5:55pm. I was already there at the airport when I received the email.

RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFFS at the customer service desk. I complained about the late notice and the lack of professionalism to provide the solution. Instead they threatened me to call the Federal Police. They told me to get a refund and take care of the connection flight all by myself. When I told them that I was a lawyer, they finally told me that there is REX airline that I could purchase the ticket to Sydney from Melbourne whiting one hour. They wasted all my time and told me this when I vigorously complained.

It was my first flight with Jetstar. I will never use this cheap airline again. It will be my last time using their service. They did not even apologize and tried to force me to take the next day service which was not acceptable since I had to take an international flight next morning.

WILL NEVER FLY WITH THIS JUNKY AIRLINE AGAIN!!

1  Thank SteveL263
Reviewed 11 May 2024

I have never written a negative review in my life, but my experience with Jetstar was UNBELIEVABLE and I need to warn everyone. Please read until the end because this gets wild.
Whilst checking in at 4am for my flight to Bali on a Friday, the Jetstar staff vigorously bent my passport back and forth and then walked off. She came back telling me, that she checked with her manager and I couldn’t fly because my passport was not in pristine condition. I was stunned and in disbelief and asked her to show me what the issue was. She said that the stitching on the photo page was visible and could come loose. She then told me to pay an additional $160 and she would put me on the 4:30pm flight that afternoon, and to get a taxi to the Passport Office in the city, to get a new emergency passport for approx. $700+.
I made a few phone calls and went to border security. They inspected my passport, and looked at me confused. He asked if I was joking – he didn’t understand the issue. He then went and got his Manager, who also inspected my passport. His Manager said that there is absolutely no reason why this passport cannot be used – there is no issue with the passport.
After sitting in the airport stranded for hours, I called the Australian Passport Office when they opened. They said that Jetstar should not have told me that I could get a passport in time for the afternoon flight (on the same day) as it takes at least 2 business days to get an emergency passport (which would be sometime Monday the following week).
I now realised that the Jetstar employee suggested I pay $160 for a flight change; and approximately $700 for an emergency passport; and travel back and forth to the Passport Office, when she would have known that it’s not possible to get a passport in time for that afternoon flight.
After I had time to process this information, and everything that had happened – I couldn’t help feeling that they had something against me. I never got angry or caused a scene. I was just in shock and disbelief. The staff I dealt with at Jetstar were cold and had zero empathy.
Instead of wasting my holiday (which was approx. $3000 in non-refundable bookings), I went to Garuda Airlines Helpdesk. I explained everything that had just happened to the Manager, asked if the next flight to Bali had any seats left and gave him my passport to thoroughly inspect back and front. He was also in disbelief (like Border Security) about what Jetstar had done. He was very empathetic, and I purchased a ticket on their next flight to Bali. This was a completely different experience with Garuda – the help desk (and flight experience) were amazing to deal with.
The passport inspections experience by the Customs Officers in Australia and Bali (for both entry and exit flights), were uneventful as there was nothing wrong with my passport.
I’ve never written a negative review like this, but what they put me through that day was appalling – Nobody should be financially punished, and forfeit your holiday due to incompetent staff.
If you want to wake up at 3am, be stranded at the airport, lose thousands of dollars, and not go on your holiday – fly with Jetstar.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

they weighted your carry-on AND personal luggage for the combine weight of 7kg. If more than that they want A$75 per person with is more than your one-way ticket from SYD to CNS. This is ridiculous and humiliated. Want to see the CEO of this airline goes to the gate and have his/her luggage weighed to get the experience. nickel and dime the customers is BAD customer service.

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Never ever Book tickets with jetstar, they will be cheaper while booking and even more expensive when you are at the boarding desk.

They have poor service, Stuff is very Disrespectful towards their customers, everything is cheaper like their prices but no quality . Airline has a record of Looting people on Boarding desks over little things.never ever go with them . I Don't recommend this to my friends and family.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.