“F U JETSTAR”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 23 April 2024

This is the worst airline ever. I have flown multiple times and have been majorly let down every single time.
I was waiting in line this morning to check in and check in closed while I was waiting for over 30 mins in the line. When I got to the counter they told me I was late for check in and I could no longer fly, even though there was so much time until departure. Apparently they made an announcement for all of the people that still needed to check in to come to the front of the line.. We didn’t hear this or they didn’t say it.
We booked new tickets for the only remaining flight 11 hours later and travelled to the airport again. The flight has been delayed for 2.5 hours and we got no updates or notifications to tell us. We could have just waited at the house we were at, but instead we have to wait at the airport. The flight has now been delayed AGAIN. We have a six year old child which makes this worse and our only options are to pay $200 for a hotel and get the morning flight, or sit in the airport for nearly 3 hours with the chance it could get delayed again or cancelled and then make a really long drive home when we get there and be back at 2AM.
F U Jetstar. I will NEVER fly with you again.
Rant over.

• In-flight Entertainment

Reviewed 22 April 2024

My last review of Jetstar could not have been more damning. I am very pleased to say that my most recent experience was surprising and quite brilliant. We flew from Cairns to Tokyo business class unsure of what to expect. The seats (although were not flat beds) were large and comfortable. A glass of bubbles before we took off, nice wine selection and the food choices were very nice. The service was also excellent. After some previous very poor experiences with Jetstar, I can say that I am sold with their international business class and will do it again.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Four days without our luggage because Jetstar decided not to transfer our bags. The Jetstar website and a link from our e-ticket both stated that our luggage would be transferred by Jetstar at Sydney Airport. When we checked in at Queenstown Airport we were told we would need to transfer our own bags at Sydney airport. This required Australian visas. We did not have Australian visas and didn't have time to apply for them. Jetstar knew what was happening but did nothing to help and gave us false information. Also told it would take two days for bags to arrive only to be told after two days that it would take four days. Poor communication from Jetstar and we had to take a three hour round trip by taxi to collect the bags ourselves. It has been three weeks since I last contacted them but have received no reply to my last email. Jetstar ruined our holiday. Avoid this airline.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 20 April 2024

I wanted to say a massive thank you to not only the amazing flight attendance but also the pilots. Staff and pilots don’t get the thanks they deserve. I have flown with Jetstar for 10+ years. I have never had any issues with the staff or the flight itself. And I don’t want to go through any other airline. I have a severe phobia of flying, the staff with there extremely polite manners and friendly smiles always make my anxiety a lot calmer. So thank you Jetstar. You guys don’t get the credit you deserve. 1000/10.

Reviewed 19 April 2024

Checked in early, booked (and paid for) my seat well in advance, at the back of the plane on the aisle (as I don't fly well). Had my seat changed yet again (I can't remember the last time I actually got the seat I prepaid for on this airline). Will do everything I can to avoid Jetstar in the future.

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.