“Four days without our luggage.”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 22 April 2024

Four days without our luggage because Jetstar decided not to transfer our bags. The Jetstar website and a link from our e-ticket both stated that our luggage would be transferred by Jetstar at Sydney Airport. When we checked in at Queenstown Airport we were told we would need to transfer our own bags at Sydney airport. This required Australian visas. We did not have Australian visas and didn't have time to apply for them. Jetstar knew what was happening but did nothing to help and gave us false information. Also told it would take two days for bags to arrive only to be told after two days that it would take four days. Poor communication from Jetstar and we had to take a three hour round trip by taxi to collect the bags ourselves. It has been three weeks since I last contacted them but have received no reply to my last email. Jetstar ruined our holiday. Avoid this airline.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 20 April 2024

I wanted to say a massive thank you to not only the amazing flight attendance but also the pilots. Staff and pilots don’t get the thanks they deserve. I have flown with Jetstar for 10+ years. I have never had any issues with the staff or the flight itself. And I don’t want to go through any other airline. I have a severe phobia of flying, the staff with there extremely polite manners and friendly smiles always make my anxiety a lot calmer. So thank you Jetstar. You guys don’t get the credit you deserve. 1000/10.

Reviewed 19 April 2024

Checked in early, booked (and paid for) my seat well in advance, at the back of the plane on the aisle (as I don't fly well). Had my seat changed yet again (I can't remember the last time I actually got the seat I prepaid for on this airline). Will do everything I can to avoid Jetstar in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

I wanted to personally reach out to you all following nzme recent article on the incident involving an Australian dad using his phone on the tarmac before a Jetstar flight, published on April 4th, 2024.

Unfortunately, I found myself in a similar situation during my flight from Wellington to Christchurch on JQ291, which boarded at 7:10 pm on April 15th, 2024.

As I walked onto the tarmac with having my phone in flight mode and my old Apple AirPods were in my ears with no music. Despite this, I was aggressively confronted by a wellington based jet star ground staff member who insisted I remove my headphones. When I questioned the necessity of this? I was met with a curt response citing "it's a rule." As someone who has traveled extensively and never encountered such a demand I was taken aback.

The situation escalated when the staff member threatened to prevent me from boarding the flight altogether. Despite remaining calm and cooperative I was made to feel like a disobedient child. Even after boarding the flight the ordeal continued with three Jetstar team members approaching me and threatening to remove me from the flight if I didn't comply with their instructions.

As someone who works in the hospitality industry, I understand that everyone can have a bad day, but the treatment I received was beyond unacceptable.
It is disheartening to be treated with such disrespect especially as a paying customer.

I have shared my experience with colleagues and friends warning them against traveling with Jetstar in the future. While I understand the appeal of low prices basic courtesy should never be compromised.
I hesitated to escalate this issue but I felt compelled to ensure that no one else has to endure the same mistreatment. Being treated in such a manner is not only embarrassing but also completely unjustifiable.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I hope that by bringing it to your attention, we can work towards ensuring better treatment of passengers in the future.

Best regards,

Aditya Patil

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 15 April 2024

1hr 30 mins late, first it was a late gate change, then it’s been 1hr30mins late & still waiting at the airport, charged me $68 for 1kg excess 😡 no more Jetstar from today.
I reckon Virgin & Qantas is the way to go…..
Fck Jetstar

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.