“Threatening approach of jetstar ground crew member at Wellington on tarmac”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to personally reach out to you all following nzme recent article on the incident involving an Australian dad using his phone on the tarmac before a Jetstar flight, published on April 4th, 2024.

Unfortunately, I found myself in a similar situation during my flight from Wellington to Christchurch on JQ291, which boarded at 7:10 pm on April 15th, 2024.

As I walked onto the tarmac with having my phone in flight mode and my old Apple AirPods were in my ears with no music. Despite this, I was aggressively confronted by a wellington based jet star ground staff member who insisted I remove my headphones. When I questioned the necessity of this? I was met with a curt response citing "it's a rule." As someone who has traveled extensively and never encountered such a demand I was taken aback.

The situation escalated when the staff member threatened to prevent me from boarding the flight altogether. Despite remaining calm and cooperative I was made to feel like a disobedient child. Even after boarding the flight the ordeal continued with three Jetstar team members approaching me and threatening to remove me from the flight if I didn't comply with their instructions.

As someone who works in the hospitality industry, I understand that everyone can have a bad day, but the treatment I received was beyond unacceptable.
It is disheartening to be treated with such disrespect especially as a paying customer.

I have shared my experience with colleagues and friends warning them against traveling with Jetstar in the future. While I understand the appeal of low prices basic courtesy should never be compromised.
I hesitated to escalate this issue but I felt compelled to ensure that no one else has to endure the same mistreatment. Being treated in such a manner is not only embarrassing but also completely unjustifiable.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I hope that by bringing it to your attention, we can work towards ensuring better treatment of passengers in the future.

Best regards,

Aditya Patil

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1hr 30 mins late, first it was a late gate change, then it’s been 1hr30mins late & still waiting at the airport, charged me $68 for 1kg excess 😡 no more Jetstar from today.
I reckon Virgin & Qantas is the way to go…..
Fck Jetstar

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Sardine service. I was next to the corridor.
The seat back was narrow, very unconfortable. Seated next to 2 more guys tall as me. The wifi entertainment was not working neither. No happy at all

Reviewed 12 April 2024

ZERO STAR!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! This airline is not worthy of the one star that they display as their logo. Beware, they charge passengers $20 per kilogram for every kilogram that the luggage is overweight. We are a large travel group if 17 people and we were charged obscene and inconsistent amounts per person. No charts with the weights and amounts were shown to us prior or during our check-in process. We were charged as much as $460 per person for our luggage!!! That price was more than double the cost of the each passengers ticketed price. Our group has traveled over four different airports with this amount of luggage on this trip alone and this has been the only airline with the audacity to charge these exorbitant, ridiculously obscene charges. Not one other airline charged us a penny as none of our luggage has been overweight. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Rip off alert!
Inconsistency on what they call luggage overweight.
They will weight all of your bags including purse and wallet, stuffed animal gifts and lollipop.
However if you are a masochist, go on and fly with them.
$20.00 per kilogram
I paid $420.00

Date of travel: March 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.