Reviewed 26 February 2024

Jetstar are basically adopting the paywall method for receiving service from them. Pay $15 to access movies, pay for all food and drink on the flight otherwise all you get is water. Pay for a little free pillow and blanket.

Mind you I flew from BNE - NAR with qantas and got all that for free included in my fare.

Ridiculous I hope Jetstar goes broke, I will never fly again and will recommend friends and family to never fly again either. Disgusting.

Date of travel: January 2024

Reviewed 25 February 2024

Two flights with them so far and both delayed.
I never had too bad experiences with cheap airlines, but this one seems to be an exception.
The second delay was 1 hour long and caused by 'crewing requirements'. What is that even supposed to mean? Don't they have extra staff that they can call? I can understand delays caused by unforseen circumstances, the weather etc, but in this case it just seems to be poor management.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 25 February 2024

I have never seen such a terrible airline. Terrible customer service, incredibly delayed flights, and more bad things.

Reviewed 24 February 2024

Cancellations, delays and rude service at service desk. Its always important to be kind to airport staff and while we remsined polite the staff at the dest were cold and unhelpful. We were lucky we didn't have to be anywhere urgently, however we're stuffed around all day with no care for kindness to customers.

Reviewed 24 February 2024

Horrific experience with Jetstar. Avoid this airline if you can at all. We were supposed to be flying at 9.45pm on the Friday, then after arriving at the airport and not even receiving an email to inform us of this, we were told the flight was cancelled. We re booked a new flight for 6am the following morning- only to see online (again no email from Jetstar themselves to notify), that this flight was also cancelled. The lady at the desk who I was speaking to was extremely rude and started shouting at me when I was asking for her help- and made me so uncomfortable.
We had to go back to Sydney, find accommodation, cancel our Melbourne accommodation (losing lots of money, and no compensation from Jetstar), to then find a new flight for 12pm. After this, we saw this flight was delayed by 2 more hours!! We missed out on plans and caused so much hassle. The customer service lady on the phone at one stage also offered to send us to Brisbane, instead of Melbourne, which made no sense whatsoever. I was also on the phone for 1.5 hours trying to get answers for how to get a new fight. Overall, I couldn’t speak worse of Jetstar, and I certainly will be turning all of my friends away from them going forward.

Date of travel: February 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.