“NEVER FLY JETSTAR AIRWAYS EVEN IF ITS FREE”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 19 February 2024

I’ve always hated Jet Star and simply don’t understand how they are still in business.

Firstly my boarding pass said gate D5 I went to gate 5 (which is a Virgin gate) I had to seek support from airport staff and said go to gate 44 which if you know Melbourne airport you can easily miss a flight. I went to their customer service to explain it. There was 5 of them at the counter all talking amongst themselves. Without any notice of a customer waiting. Finally 3 of them walk away and then I was noticed. After explaining my concerns very little care or consideration was given towards the delay or the mistake on the boarding pass.

Flight was delayed over 2 hours, with excuse after excuse. One they had cabin crew on board ready to go. Which was the main excuse they pulled. It was an additional 30 minute delay for catering service to be arranged. Considering it’s now mid night everyone complained and would have preferred to board without any catering.

Considering the economy flight costed over $700 one way you wouldn’t expect for failures.

Jet Star you are a complete joke and I hope this company falls under. Shame on you.

10/10 would never recommend flying with this company unless you don’t care about service and reliability.

Date of travel: January 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Jetstar canceled my flight just a couple hours before departure, instead of the refund offered a flight on the next day or voucher, which is valid 12 months only. My previous flight with Jetstar was delayed, I would prefer never fly with Jetstar again. Really disappointed.

Reviewed 18 February 2024

Jetstar canceled my flight one hour before departure, after being at the airport for hours. When I spoke to staff respectfully and kindly, I was met with complete disregard and they were not helpful in the slightest and honestly a little rude, will never chose Jetstar again. Really disappointed and ruined my experience.

Reviewed 17 February 2024

worst experience ever. they even weighed my small bag with ipad, the weight was little bit over 7kg so i thew some of my stuff but later on the staff charged me 65$ after i thew my stuff. i had to pay 200$ just to change the first name as my partner put his first name mistakenly instead of mine. the cost was just same while buying new tickets.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 17 February 2024

Can’t speak highly enough of Jetstar.
Staff wonderfully helpful. Wheelchair to the plane. Every assistance offered.
Help whenever you need it.
Great service altering my flights no excessive charges.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.