“Worst service ever”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 25 December 2022

Firstly, we were not aware that the “manage booking” online service wouldn’t work once the check in is open. We wanted to add more baggage online but it wouldn’t allow so even though there is no such policy
In jetstar to clearly state that passengers cannot manage booking online two hours before departure. Fine, at last we were charged $25 per kg and paid about $175 in total. But this is not the worst, the check in operator charged us without telling us our baggage would not be loaded onto the flight (JQ212 from Auckland to Melbourne) and we only found out after we landed and waited for more than an hour!

It was Christmas Eve and we didn’t have our baggage which contains most of our personal necessities. We couldn’t buy any alternatives because the next day (25th) is public holiday therefore most of the shops are closed!
Jetstar should never ever charge us the excess kg if they knew they cannot deliver at the first place! I take this very seriously and will file a formal complaint for this matter.

Ps. It is already more that 24hrs when I am writing this review and we still haven’t been informed regarding the baggage. Also we were only given a letter with a very generic or non specific reference number ie. MELJQ for our baggage tracing…MEL as in Melbourne while JQ stands for all the jet star flights….very well done Jetstar!

1  Thank kcnz0819

Reviewed 25 December 2022

Arrived at Airport to be told flight reached weight capacity but eventually got on with no checked baggage promised would be sent and delivered to our accommodation within 24hrs 48hs later but never turned up all flights that day were over booked and other passengers haven't received there luggage Jetstar sold tickets as if they were using Bigger aircraft bur used them for other popular flights Adelaide always gets last efforts

1  Thank Harken1936
Reviewed 24 December 2022

My flight supposed to be at 6:45am departure,and guess what these guys sent me email at day of flight 1am so 5 hours before flight that they rescheduled,if I don't have access to email at that 5hours window I would never even find out,and would end up stressed and confused on airport.
I have friend and they did exactly same thing to him in past,this is not uncommon in Jetstar, that's why I feel it's important to write review to aware other people.

Jetstar congratulations you're the worst flights experience I ever had in over 10 years of constant flying.

Reviewed 24 December 2022

The worst airline possible, even though you do expect a rubbish service from a cheap airline that isn’t the problem. I have been in Australia for 6 months and taken 6 flights over that time. We have not had one flight on time which has meant that we have missed the Sydney airport curfew at 11pm resulting in a night stay in Melbourne messing up work for the next day.

I don’t understand why they cannot run the airline on time it is so frustrating and you may as well just arrive late to the airport.

Or…. Pay for the more expensive flights as you spend the same amount of dollars in the airport waiting for the delayed flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 23 December 2022 via mobile

Cause of high season,and i need to go home from Melbourne.I booked jetstar Melbourne to Bali,but it will transfer via Adelaide
The flight actually at 4pm,and at 8.38 am they emailed me to say sorry it was cancelled.
How come?
I already book the connecting flight from Bali to my town tomorrow,and already booked the hotel for tonight.
And you said cancelled in last minute
Really really disappointed..

1  Thank chrysantha
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.