“No frills but convenient & reliable”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 6 April 2018

we flew both ways with Jetstar, the convenience of a non-stop flight was our drawcard, got into Denpasar in 4.5 hours and return flight was just over 5 hours, pretty impressed with the flight times. There was no inflight entertainment at all however. We flew overnight, seats arent great to sleep in but once again, for convenience and price sake it was worth the ride. I'd definitely book this flight again if we return to Bali in the future

1  Thank Natty B
Write a ReviewReviews (7,377)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Being a budget airline I wasn't expecting much and that is what we had. The service on the plane I couldn't complain about - it was the staff at the Melbourne airport that I had trouble with (and that being said they were just doing their job). We had travelled with carry on baggage only which was fine when we left from Brisbane. Coming home -without purchasing anything, it was only when we went to board the plane that we were all asked to weigh our carry on bags. We had wanted to weigh our bags when we checked in just to make sure but there weren't a set of scales in sight. At the gate we were told we needed to check in our bags as they were too heavy and it was going to cost us $60 a bag. We managed to only need to check in one bag. There were plenty of other people who had the same problem so we were all caught. I asked the lady who was in charge of the eftpos machine (couldn't/wouldn''t take cash) if we had checked the bags in downstairs what the cost would have been, she replied $20 a bag. Lesson learnt.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our Jet Star flight to Auz from good old kiwi land was all good .
Flight staff very friendly.
Plane was comfortable.
Cant fault this service at all.
Cheers for a hassle free trip away and home again

1  Thank tedebear2017
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I don't expect much from a budget airline and Jetstar are just that. I have no complaints, but this is absolutely no frills. Will fly again when in absolute need for a bargain flight.

1  Thank Nathaniel K
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

They're cheap, efficient, and friendly. But there are lots of hidden charges.

Baggage: if you're not checking bags it is so inexpensive. However, carry on bags are limited to 2 small bags under 7kg combined. And they will inspect, check, and weigh every single one. This will be a surprise if you're from North America where they don't care. If your bag is too big/heavy it could be refused at the gate or charged a huge fee, doubling your flight cost. It's cheapest to book a checked bag ASAP when booking if there is any chance you might have too much to carry on. It cost me $30 to check vs $70 if you're carry on is 500g overweight! Weigh your bag first.

Check in: check in/ bag staff/ service desk were great.

Missed connections: unfortunately I had a 14hr flight with Qantas before this that arrived 2 hours later than planned. I missed my jetstar flight by literally 20 seconds. The gate agent was a bit condescending, which is fine given that I ran up there like an idiot as the gate closed. The lady that rebooked me was super understanding and they only charged me $50 to rebook. Which is low, given that I no-showed. So that was a pleasant surprise. I checked the rate at qantas as they had an earlier time, but it would have been close to $300.

Other fees: food, seat upgrades, adding bags later than you book

So happy over all, just be aware of the fees and weigh your bags to avoid any surprises.

1  Thank Dayna D