“Basic But Reliable”
Review of Jetstar Airways - Australia & New Zealand

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I don't expect much from a budget airline and Jetstar are just that. I have no complaints, but this is absolutely no frills. Will fly again when in absolute need for a bargain flight.

1  Thank Nathaniel K
Write a ReviewReviews (7,377)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

They're cheap, efficient, and friendly. But there are lots of hidden charges.

Baggage: if you're not checking bags it is so inexpensive. However, carry on bags are limited to 2 small bags under 7kg combined. And they will inspect, check, and weigh every single one. This will be a surprise if you're from North America where they don't care. If your bag is too big/heavy it could be refused at the gate or charged a huge fee, doubling your flight cost. It's cheapest to book a checked bag ASAP when booking if there is any chance you might have too much to carry on. It cost me $30 to check vs $70 if you're carry on is 500g overweight! Weigh your bag first.

Check in: check in/ bag staff/ service desk were great.

Missed connections: unfortunately I had a 14hr flight with Qantas before this that arrived 2 hours later than planned. I missed my jetstar flight by literally 20 seconds. The gate agent was a bit condescending, which is fine given that I ran up there like an idiot as the gate closed. The lady that rebooked me was super understanding and they only charged me $50 to rebook. Which is low, given that I no-showed. So that was a pleasant surprise. I checked the rate at qantas as they had an earlier time, but it would have been close to $300.

Other fees: food, seat upgrades, adding bags later than you book

So happy over all, just be aware of the fees and weigh your bags to avoid any surprises.

1  Thank Dayna D
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Good basic flight, excellent assistance at check-in in Adelaide as it's all automated now. Booked the wrong seats with my friend, so the assistant helped us change them so we could sit together. Pleasant flight and we made it in 4 and a half hours.

1  Thank Della B
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Prefer flying Air New Zealand because of flight delays experienced with Jetstar and of course in this trip. However, I will admit that the smoothest landing I have experienced was one whilst on Jetstar Airways flight on 26 March 2018. The customer service too at Wellington airport that day was great.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The staff on board were very nice and friendly. The plane seemed to make a lot of noise but the seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room. It was a cheap, quick flight.

1  Thank dianam1937