“Early morning flight”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Ryanair are the only airline we can get to Bologna with from the South West so don't have much choice re company so use a couple of times a year for this flight. I keep up to speed with ways to avoid additional costs so it's worth researching fully the way to keep costs down. For short flights I don't mind Ryanair, but this time the decaf tea on board was diabolical and couldn't drink it. Attendant was disinterested to say the least.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank katevale46
Write a reviewReviews (78,777)

Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Decided to take a small break and was the first time I’ve ever used Ryanair .
I used on the beach to book and then it started to get complicated because I then was given details to book online with Ryanair .
I paid for a few upgrades one being the 10kg bag check in and also was told I had to check in online which I eventually found out how to do .
When arriving early all was well but then when I got to the boarding gate I was charged and extra £50 as I had not checked in the bags that I had already paid for . I felt it was Very conveniently organised by the airline .
When checking in online again for booking the seats to the return flight the app came up with a warning that the two of us were not sitting together and we had an option of paying £7 each for the option of sitting together . We didn’t choose this option but once in the plane found there was plenty of empty seats where we chose to sit together without paying £7 each .
It was clear that the airline had arranged our seats so that they wasn’t together .
I felt like Ryanair were trying to rip customers off by charging for things that really didn’t need to be charged for so will not use again ..
it’s a sad state of affairs if an airline feels that desperate to mistreat its customers for financial gain .
Wouldn’t be at all surprised if it Will be the next airline to go bust .

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2019

What a nightmare ! Hundreds of ads to get through before you even attempt the difficult task of booking online ..we had problems so asked at the Ryan air desk at airport two different desks and the rudest staff I’ve ever come across at check in ..will never fly with Ryan air again ...be warned think twice !!!!!

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 1 December 2019

Ryanair does not profess to be a luxury service therefore if you want this you will need to fly with someone else, Ryanair is exactly what it says on the tin ‘low cost’.
Checking in online was very simple however if you want seats together you will need to pay for them as they are quite sneaky and will often sit you at opposite ends of the plane in order to gain more money out of you.
The flying experience was quite comfortable in terms of leg room but the seat width appeared smaller than other airlines that I have travelled on in the past. Cabin crew members are friendly and polite and will assist you wherever they can. There are no seat pockets to put anything in and an inflight duty free magazine is handed to you rather than being already at your seat, this again is obviously to save cost.

Check in process was brilliant and super easy, everything was done via your mobile and if you have hold baggage it gets weighed and you put it on the belt yourself at Leeds.
Coming home was a little all over the place but I think this is the case in most airports abroad. We started boarding the plane at least an hour before we were due to fly but didn’t set off any earlier and spent the majority of our time on the tarmac.

Ryanair always let priority on first, to me this is a waste of time having priority as when you are non-priority you end up having to move people out of their seats anyway to reach yours!

Would use them again but would never travel more than a couple of hours as it would be far too uncomfortable.

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 1 December 2019

There were several of us on special assistant and can you believe it we were the last to get on. I was travelling with my carer but at checkin we were given seperate sitting all though our booking was on the same PNR, so OK we thought the airline/staff on the flight will try to accomodate us, but all the the stewardess including the manager of the steward was as bad too. As I sat on my seat I called for the manager whose name is Zulan and explained to him the we are seated seperate and if you can help us. He said I will see what I can do once we take off. Waited and waited over hour for him to return, so I asked the othe stewardess to call him. Waited anothe half hour and he did not come, so I rang the bell and he came over. I told him that he was to return to me to check about our sitting and his respond was which the couple sitted next to were shocked said I am working so cannot deal with you, but I said to him that you would do something regards to our sitting and then his response was everybody is a sleep, I cannot disturb them. I got so upset that couple next to me had to calm me down as my carer/husand was away from me. I suffer from SVT and if this happens suddenly then I have to take my emergency medications.
When we landed we went to the front of the aircraft and there was the manager Zulan again and I asked him for my special assistant and he said let me call them. This should have been done before we landed. So other passenger who was sitted right at back of the aircraft was advised to go at the front of the aircraft for the special assistant by other stewardess, so she did. Then when the asssistants came they came from the back of the aircraft and so Zulan said can you go at the back of the aircraft, by this time were annoyed by all this to move front and then back. The other passenger said you should not have told me to come at the front of the aircraft until you now where the actual assistance are coming from. And Zulan's reponse was its only short walk to the back of the place, this made us look so bad as we both had disability and the aircraft walk up and down is not very convienent for us. Zulan got upset when we told him that for you its short walk but for us is LOOOONG.
Never travel on Ryanair. Very Very bad service.

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Malti V
USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.