“More Crosville bus than airline”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I suppose the primary function is to get you to your destination safe and they obviously do that each and every time, I suppose they might think that is the only box that they need to tick because the costs are low but I must say other low cost airlines do it better without doubt. My overall feeling was one of just being a number the experience is not enjoyable granted its not awfull but I suppose I would describe it as bearable. Because the general arrogance of the management is so obvious it seems to have been passed onto the ground staff I have never been shouted at by any member of staff from any other airline but it seems that the depths of awfulness knows no bounds with this bunch. of

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (56,424)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Read a lot of negative reviews on here about Ryanair and did get a little worried about our flights, baggage, case size etc. I even went to get a bag to meet their conditions and took a measurement tape with me. I need not have worried

I think the travellers who have left bad feedbacks are those who either do not read their conditions or chance takers or those flying with 20kg "hand luggage" and got thumped.

I met all their conditions and had no problem and managed to travel cheaply. We weren't fussy about sitting separate for a 2 hour flight, so no issue there either.

I would have given 5 out of 5 but the only think I wasn't happy with was the return check in which I had to arrange via hotel.

Hope this helps someone

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have flown to Malta with Ryanair for the last 2 years summer and winter as they are the only airline to fly to Malta from Edinburgh, the flight times are excellent in both summer and winter. Never had a bad flight and the cabin crews were excellent.

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bit different not having a shelf on the back of the seat to put things in, but the seats were comfy, the service was very good, and staff attentive. The food is ok particularly the toasted sandwiches but still quite expensive. As we were crossing from cold to warm air the pilot informed us of turbulence which we did have quite a bit off but it was not too scary even when the stewards had to stop serving and belt in. All in all for a four hour flight it was pretty good with no problems going or returning so we would recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ryanair gets bad press but tbh we had a good experience overall with our flight being on time and no issues... but on the aircraft it's kind of a different experience altogether. The general public can be so rude and the woman who decided she was going to fight the air steward (who looked very new) to get into the toilet when we'd already been told we needed out seatbelts on for take off should have been offloaded. Wish I could name and shame her but she was just out of order - these air stewards have a bad enough time without awkward downright rude passengers! However, I think this new steward had a difficult time anyway as the head stewardess (who seemed young herself) was just difficult with him. She must have made his new job so much harder and she kept having a go at him.. honestly by the end of the flight I felt so sorry for him! Then there was the passenger who was demanding their luggage MUST be next to them - it wouldn't fit in the overhead locker and they were told it might be put in the hold but there was hell on! Honestly, some people are just downright thick!!! Again, they should have been offloaded! So.. my partner and I paid for front seats with extra leg room as I'm 6ft and he's 6ft 5 so there's no way we'd fit in the normal seats comfortably! I think airlines are so heightest! It's not our fault we're tall so why should we have to pay extra for the legroom we so desperately need? I think tall people should get it for free... just prove your height through documentation or something but that's so irritating. You really do have to pay so many hidden extras now that's it's not really a budget airline but as this flight wasn't delayed I can't really complain much!! Just let us tall folk get the legroom seats for free and throw awkward, rude passengers off!!!