“Probably the Pioneers of real Budget Low Cost flying”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Good flight, on time, very good Non-Stop service, Good Offers for Purchase Food & Drinks, Duty Free Items

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (53,163)

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I have a small suitcase that can fit under the seat that I use as my second carry on (with a regular roller suitcase for the first one). The second carry on bag can have maximum dimensions of 35cm x 20cm x 20cm. However, the supervisor at terminal 1 just saw a suitcase and said it had to be checked and could not be reasoned with, even as I showed her the Ryanair webpage listing the carry on bag dimensions. So I paid the 40 euro fee since she couldn’t be reasoned with and I had to get boarding.

This airline is the worse nickel and diming euro carrier out there, and I’ll never fly them again.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Very easy online booking nothing complicated you have lots of choices from seats,Taxis and hotels, if booking well in advance the prices are so cheap and now some great destinations.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

In a nut shell here is what has happened on my recent flight to Limoges from Stansted.
As I checked in well on time 1h30 before STD and drop my bags the agent handed me back my boarding pass and travel documents but kept my passport by mistake.
This is the cause of all that follows.
I then headed straight away to the gate which was a good 20 m walk, not mentioning the 15m wait at the security.
Since Stansted is a gruyere cheese when it comes to security and immigration checks, you don't need to show your passport until the gate which is when I realized it was missing. I felt ok, no big deal, I still have 40 m to spare till the flight went. I though a simple phone call to the check in agent would solve the issue. I am a pilot and a ex flight Purser for a reputable middle east carrier so I do know how things works in such case.
But oh boy was I wrong, because we are talking about Ryanair and not Emirates here.
First there was no signs of any Ryanair staff at the gate. Only Swiss port agents who simply could not care less about my issue. I had to insist for them to ring the check in desk. The agent on the phone acknowledged they had indeed my passport and the agents were sorry. However, they would not bring it back to me. They just don’t do that as they can’t be bothered. I had to go get it myself. Even though it was the check in agent’s fault. The gate being the furthest away meant a 20 m run both way. In short there was no way I could exit security and return to the gate on time to catch my flight.
I asked them if they could wait for me for a few extra minutes rather than offloading my bags and delay the flight by 30m. Their answer was no. The gate would be closed by the time I return with my passport.
So here I was at the gate, no passport and no Swiss port nor Ryanair staff willing to assist. It was ok for them if i was going to miss my flight because of their incompetence. Seriously who hired these people working for Swiss Port ?! They are such a disgrace to the industry. Rude and incompetent sums it all.
Any airline who respect their passengers would have had the passport rushed to the gate on time by one of their staff. Especially so since it was the check in staff fault. An honest fault i agree, but not owning to it is simply not acceptable.
As a result I ended up missing my flight and best of all I had to pay a re-booking fee of 100 pounds, even though it was clearly the check in staff fault. I also had to book a room at the airport hotel which costed me another 100 pounds.
I did write to Ryanair about the issue and other than standards letter of apologies explaining that they can't be held responsible for the Swiss Port agents lack of support they were not prepared to cover any extra cost involved caused by the ground staff they contract. No explanations regarding the lack of Ryanair staff which not present in the whole airport on that day.
This is simply a gross misconduct coming from Ryanair.

At the same time one should be expecting such poor treatment.
Ryanair already have a very bad reputation, and this is just adding on to that pile.
There is no fire without smoke.
In my opinion they are just so happy to scam their customers, pilots and cabin crew that you are bound to be bankrupted in no time. And so you well deserve such fate. I don’t mean to be mean, but you guys are asking for it with such poor methods. What on earth is the CEO thinking running the show as such ?

My experience reflects Ryanair is nothing else but a disgrace of an Airline and put shame over the whole flying industry.
Selling cheap tickets is no excuse for being rubbish all the way..

That is a shame because the cabin crew and pilots are quite good. It is what is around the airline that is going to kill Ryanair off in the near future. Aka, a very bad ground staff and a customer service who are not understanding the situation…..and loads of procedures only meant to score extra cash from their passengers.

In my case I got it… I was fooled by the cheap tickets. It could have been a smooth journey, but because of their poor ground staff it ended up being a very expensive trip.

Like I said, that a check in agent make a mistake and keep a passport on the side of his/her desk can happens by all means. But to ask the passenger to come back from a gate far away to recover it knowing that this passenger will now be missing his flight, versus simply asking a ground staff to rush the passport to the gate as their agents can go through different channels, and arrive well on time for the pax to board the plane without any issues which would have saved the day.

At least if they do not have any spare staff, and that there is no solution, allow the pax to board the next flight without having to pay the 100 pounds re-booking fees since it was the check agent fault.

Ryanair hired them instead of putting in place their own staff and are responsible of their actions, period !! Further more at least one Ryanair representative should have been present in the terminal when In fact there was none at all.

Then there is the online customer service which is nothing elese than a computer sending automated replies based on key words from your complaint. These letters are signed by fake names, and will most likely be treating another issue than yours because the computer system get's mixed up with the key words. So in short all the automated replies are meant to politely turn you down and certainly not help you to solve your issue. Well done Ryanair, you have shown one more time that you have zero regards for your customers.

So as a result that story will now published on TA and on top of loosing a customer, you will now be losing thousands more due to the bad publicity that will follow.

Bravo !! That is the way to go Ryanair !!!
To be honest I think they will bankrupted by the end of next year, and they well deserve it.
Easy jet is so much better, even though they also are a low cost airline.

Do the right thing, and don't fly with these clowns.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Zeflyingchef
Reviewed 23 November 2017

average flight with a lot of noise since they try to sell everything from perfums to lotto...at least its low cost

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank dpk78