“Stranded in Crete with no help”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 17 October 2017

On September 13 at 23.25 they communicated us that our booked an payed flight scheduled for September 14 at 22.25 was cancelled, so 12 hours in advance. We were not able to communicate with them, we had no help even no reply from them. We had to purchase a costly ticket to come back to Italy via Athens. Never more!

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank Sedanino
Write a ReviewReviews (52,758)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Travelled from stansted to Agadir service was ok return journey was delayed for 3 hours. The seats are really uncomfortable but I suppose you get what you pay for . The crew were OK both ways. I will try to avoid for trips of up to 4 hours and will only use in future for very short trips.
However I was glad to see that they were checking the weights of hand luggage.

2  Thank Shirley1256
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We flew Ryanair to Malta row one.
We had priority boarding which is useful when
you have three pieces of hand luggage.
Service was good and the on-board prices for
food and drink were reasonable.
Leg room was good as we were in row one!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Our flight to Ireland was cancelled due to storm Ophelia. I had received an e-mail from Airparks enticing me to pre book parking at Stansted Airport and we pre booked. The charge was £51.18p including a cancellation waiver for £1.49p. Our flight had been cancelled due to storm Ophelia and we never got to Stansted. I went to cancel our Airparks booking and was informed you can only cancel anytime up to 24 hours before you travel. Looking at our Carpark Confirmation. Cancel booking is at the top of the page and cancellation waiver is at the bottom. Designed to deceive you into thinking that cancellation waiver means what it says but it does not. We lost £51.18p. Be warned about Airparks little scam. Don't take the risk.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank robbles456
Reviewed 17 October 2017

What a terrible company ! Let me start by saying that we were on 4 planes in total during our holiday. We flew with Vueling, Ryanair and Transavia so I can compare the level of service and value for money for each of them and Ryanair was by far the worst ! We were waiting in line to our plane when a ryanair staff asked us to see our carry-on luggage. When we did the "test", our luggage fitted EXCEPT for the wheels (mind you we already flew twice with them previously on that trip without any problems). I asked as nicely as possible if they could make a little exception and told them we didn't have any problems before and all I got in response was a mean face and a "wait here!". A good 20mins went by, we waited diligently and they took everyone else on the plane (some with much bigger hand luggage than us but I didn't want to throw anyone under the bus!) She said "so you have to pay now". Ok... They didn't accept cards, it was only cash. Honestly, it happens and I know the rules but the two staff who handled our situation were rude, disrespectful and showed absolutely no empathy. After this experience we were a little traumatised, so we approached the transavia staff with care. Dear lord how lovely were they ! The desk staff and the manager welcomed us with smiles and warm greetings. We had bought new carry-ons not to repeat our past experience but we still had our old ones, and they offered us to put them on the plane, free of charge ! Believe me if you want to travel low cost, vueling and transavia are the way to go ! Ryanair is full of hidden costs, very little space for your legs on the plane and apparently rude staff. I will never travel with them again no matter the price difference. In the end, thank you ponta Delgada staff, you were an eye opener.

1  Thank Tobilibop